Why did I do this AGAIN!!

Old 04-18-2013, 10:40 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Yes Terri, you have to tell him. You and your husband have to be very tight---otherwise, she will split you two--like a manipulative teenager!!

I suggest that you and your husband get alone--somewhere and completely talk it out. You have to be on the same page--and willing to back each other up--otherwise it will fall flat. This is how my husband and I handled it in a similar situation with my son--more than once!

dandylion
Old 04-18-2013, 10:46 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

By the way, Terri, this is slightly off the topic for this minute--But, I am from the m ountains of west virginia---and there are cultural differences among many of the people who came from more rural communities there about how families are supposed to handle family relationships and family loyalty. These are a bit different than the general U.S. population--as a whole.

This could be a whole different thread--LOL!!!
Old 04-18-2013, 11:12 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Co-dependant Control Freak

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
By the way, Terri, this is slightly off the topic for this minute--But, I am from the m ountains of west virginia---and there are cultural differences among many of the people who came from more rural communities there about how families are supposed to handle family relationships and family loyalty. These are a bit different than the general U.S. population--as a whole.

This could be a whole different thread--LOL!!!
Hahha! I hear ya, but... none of us are originally from WV! My AS and I are from CA orginially, my husband from Fairfax VA, but... AS's husband IS probably from the first generation of his family, WV. And yes, there is CERTAINLY a difference in their ideas about family and sticking by them.