One of Those Days

Old 04-16-2013, 03:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

One of Those Days

Today was one of those days when I just felt overwhelmed and got nothing done. Kind of like my brain shuts down from being bombarded by everything. I'm in the process of trying to leave my verbally abusive AH and I know what I need to do but it's not a straight line from making the decision to leaving and sometimes I get depressed by what I know I need to do. I'm trying to understand I'm not responsible for the decisions he makes but letting him fall is going to be really hard for me to do. Just wanted to vent. Thanks to you all. I read all the posts and get so much out of them.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Dear sunnshinegirl, I think that you will find inspiration from the experience that others have shared on this forum.

Keep us informed as to how you are doing.

If others have found their way--so can you!!!

sincerely, dandylion
Old 04-16-2013, 04:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sometimes when my brain gets overloaded I put everything else on pause.... During these times, I know what's on my life list but I have to take a healthy break sometimes. I get the impression that you are ready to make some changes and you are opening your mind to the information here. Pat yourself on the back for that. I've been sober for awhile and there are no straight lines in my life. lol Keep posting
Old 04-16-2013, 04:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi there. When I was in your spot (3 times!)...I would pace and wander and feel bad that I was seemingly incapable of putting one foot in front of another. I would just take a break from anything "big"--decisions or actions. Sometimes you just need time to process and accept what is. I had to tell myself over and over that it was ok to need to take a break to breathe.

It's ok when you are overwhelmed to just take a break and breathe. Tomorrow is another day. Just be sure you have your back up plan ready in case you HAVE to leave if it gets bad. You are going to make it through this...you are going to be ok. Hang in there. Hugs.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Today was a much better day. Thanks everyone for your support. It helps having you here.