Anger at AH

Old 04-13-2013, 02:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anger at AH

I love my AH but I am very angry with him and myself. I often wonder, "What did I do wrong?" "Why does he hate me?" "We used to be so happy, how did it get this bad?"I read a story of a woman and what she said was that her ABF never invites her anywhere because she judges his drinking and his friends do not. A bell went off in my head, although I am invited to go out with him he gets so angry with me for not going because I'm not approving of his drinking! My anger also stems from the fact that he's very judgemental. In his diseased brain he does everything right, he deserves credit and praise for ANY AND EVERYTHING he does. The other night he picked up my candy bars and had the nerve to ask me " When are you going to start caring about yourself? "Thats all you care about!" In my mind I was like WTH, are you serious, really YOU are asking me this???? I'm glad to say that I ended the conversation before it started which made him even angrier than before.
Old 04-13-2013, 02:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am so sorry to hear about your troubles, Yvette. ((Hugs))

It is normal to be angry with your AH. I get so furious with my ABF that it takes every ounce of self restraint I have to not blow my stack sometimes.

I was the poster who you were speaking of - so weird that two As can have such different reactions.

As for him thinking that he needs praise and credit for everything he does... that is pretty normal for an A. They seek attention and can be incredible self-centered.

I second everyone's urge to stay on the boards and/or find an online meeting. These boards have helped me a lot. Just knowing that I am not alone in this helps so much. Keep coming back.
Old 04-13-2013, 02:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

ST,
Thank you so much for the hugs and I'm sending them back your way! Its so bad that I know when he's drunk by the way his footsteps sound before I even see him. I hate that he's always angry and lashing out at me. In my mind, I feel that with all the hell he's causing and continues to cause in my life he has no right to be angry about ANYTHING! I have to hide my tears because if he sees me crying he lashes out, and belittles me. I have to keep my feelings to myself because if I express them he calls me crazy, or a crybaby. No one in my family understands and its so hard to deal with knowing that he's not the only one who needs help. I do as well.