So if you wanted to meet healthy men to go out with...

Old 04-10-2013, 01:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So if you wanted to meet healthy men to go out with...

Where would you hang out?
Old 04-10-2013, 01:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Go out to dinner. Then a walk, then possibly a walk or a coffee shop. Not a bar
Old 04-10-2013, 01:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have a whole passel of kids, so the clubs aren't really a possibility. I am Christian, so church becomes an option, but my church is small. I think I need to spend less time on the computer and more time out in the world.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Well, depending on where your interests lie, there are running clubs, book clubs, and other special interest groups. Here we have the beach, the dog beach, the dog park. We have some preserves close where people kayak, bike, run...

You could start a social group at your church where members might bring other people to planned events like rock climbing, movies, dinners, bowling. That might widen the circle a little.

Scope out what's in your area. You might be surprised what you find.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

I would recommend Internet Support Groups for Alcoholism, Drug Addiction and Mental Health issues.

<joking>
Old 04-10-2013, 02:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
^^^ lmao
Old 04-10-2013, 02:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am available. And with dating me, I will let you lie, cheat and drink as much as your heart desires. But please be prepared for some empty threats. And the good part is, I will always be there for you, no matter how terrible you treat me! So are we going to a movie, or dinner? I'll pay.

.... I sometimes try to make light of the truth that hurts
Old 04-10-2013, 02:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

LOL!! You sound like quite a catch, Crazed, but just the fact you have a well paying job would be a major turn off for me. And if you didn't constantly reek of cigarettes and put my life in danger every time I got in your car, FORGET IT!
Old 04-10-2013, 03:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Seriously, Stella.. What about volunteering somewhere? It gets you out and puts you into contact with people who are doing good in the world? Or, Meet Ups? I don't know very much about them but they seem interesting because you are meeting people who like to do the samw things you like to do...
Old 04-10-2013, 03:05 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Zee

If you wanted to 'meet' a healthy man, go to a gym maybe... or a dance class... salsa, LeRoc, ballroom... when you've met him... you can hang out where you like... lol
Old 04-10-2013, 03:10 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Originally Posted by Crazed View Post
I am available. And with dating me, I will let you lie, cheat and drink as much as your heart desires. But please be prepared for some empty threats. And the good part is, I will always be there for you, no matter how terrible you treat me! So are we going to a movie, or dinner? I'll pay.

.... I sometimes try to make light of the truth that hurts
Yeah, you are doing better every day.

Yunno, she seems to come with the kid accessory package that an Instant Family Guy like you would be looking for . . . .

Just saying.

Y'all need phone numbers or something?
Old 04-10-2013, 05:28 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Church, gym, a new hobbie or sport, out walking the dog, if you have kids maybe at school.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:40 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Zee

The dog will always embarass you... keep the dog away!
Old 04-10-2013, 08:16 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Well, I found my friend (okay, really, he's my boyfriend, but my commitment issues has me just calling him my friend) at work, BUT I like the nerdy type. Which he is, but I thought I would've met someone like him at the comic book store, tabletop gaming group, etc. THAT'S my type of guy. Of course, YMMV.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:16 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Oh yes, thank you Zee - my dog can clear a room - wouldn't want that on a first date!

I second the Meet Ups.

The main point here is its not as much where you meet them , its how prepared you are to be able to weed out the ones that will qualify you for a few more years on SR!
Old 04-10-2013, 09:27 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I have met some very interesting people, both men and women on the golf course.

If you are not a golfer I can only suggest a lesson or two.

Very entertaining, challenging and a bit humbling at times too. #$%@ who would have thought it would be so difficult to hit a ball!

Seems the people I meet on the golf course have manners, and social grace, I think that's a good start.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:52 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

I've been listening to this with interest as I've been single for a long time....but I just can't go past Crazed.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:54 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I have a girlfriend that successfully has met several guys at Home Depot. She goes there and scopes it out then if she sees a guy she is interested in she will ask him a question about home improvement. Her theory is if they are in Home Depot they probably have a job, are handy, are responsible, and aren't lazy. I mean its not the way I would but....she has really had some nice dates with guys. LOL.

I wish I had better advice, I met every man I ever dated at a bar EXCEPT RAH. The only alcoholic is RAH. Go figure.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:58 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

Get dive certified and look for a local dive shop that organizes group trips to the Caribbean.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:19 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Be active and be out on the world doing your thing, practicing your hobbies, living your life. The more out there you are, the more people you will meet. The more independent and happy you are, the better you will look to nice people who want quality company.