So if you wanted to meet healthy men to go out with...

Old 02-06-2014, 07:37 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Hahaha! Touché! I definitely do not fall under the normal category. Which is why I am where I am now.
Old 02-06-2014, 07:47 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stung View Post
Hahaha! Touché! I definitely do not fall under the normal category. Which is why I am where I am now.
Normal is overrated anyway!
Old 02-06-2014, 07:53 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Stella have you heard of Meetup.com? They have groups that get together for all types of interests ranging from professional to recreational. It's a great way to meet people with common interests.
Old 02-06-2014, 07:56 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Oh, I actually use meetup.com to find mommy groups and play groups in my area. It's a great way to meet "normal" people.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:24 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

I would do the things I like to do for me first...then try to meet people there so I know we have like interests.

I am married but have met lovely men at different places that I have thought...now...if I was not married he is a gem....LOL. No, I have never had a physical or emoational affair just to clear that up! My point is these are just people I have met out and about while I am doing what I like to do.

Good Luck!
Old 02-06-2014, 08:47 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

I KNEW IT! Alanon IS a meat market!!
Maybe for the AA-ers to try to bag something. Dunno.

But the predators seem to be a little scared to come over to the Alanon side for that.

They prey on their own. Keeping with Bill W's style, I suppose.

The Other Women

The AA side maybe figures we gots Alanon-Fu to whip on them or something

Our side (Alanon) tends to stay pretty safe -- even the boob-huggers were cross-overs from the AA side.

Alanon is safe for the women generally because . . . mmmm . . . huh . . . Alanon men tend to be such pathetic poosies. Had to make me spell it out, huh? You Suck.

And I'm going to say it since no one else has...do emotionally sound, healthy, normal men actually exist?
As for the Man Of Your Dreams -- try Oprah?

Oprah Stuns Audience With Free Man Giveaway | The Onion - America's Finest News Source
Old 02-06-2014, 09:00 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Alanon men tend to be such pathetic poosies.
I doubt this is true. Have you thought about working on your own self esteem? If seeking out help makes someone a pathetic puss then that would make me one too - and I'm not, in case you're wondering. I'm a badass that drives a Prius.

As for the Man Of Your Dreams --
He is currently in the works. Hopefully he pulls his head out of his butt and stays sober and starts to really embrace becoming the man that he and I want him to be.

Otherwise I'm just going to become an old maid.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:49 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

If seeking out help makes someone a pathetic puss then that would make me one too - and I'm not, in case you're wondering. I'm a badass that drives a Prius.[/QUOTE]

Lmao! You rock stung! I read your post about this yesterday.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:51 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Oddly enough, I met my current, wonderful, not an alcoholic or anything even remotely close to it, boyfriend....at a bar. I don't go to bars much, but a little over a year ago a friend of mine wanted to go out for my birthday. She invited other friends of hers.....I had been having a rough time and she wanted to make it fun. The awesome man who I am with now showed up.
He stayed out with us till the end of the night, maybe had 2 or 3 beers the whole time. Now we go out maybe once every couple of months. It's so refreshing. It's like I didn't even know what I was missing.
I guess my point is, it IS POSSIBLE to meet a normal, nice, non alcoholic person in a bar. I'm pretty sure at this point you can spot the ones to stay away from.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:53 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

i always loved the old saying that"a good relationship is all about honesty"

most dishonest thing I ever heard
Old 02-06-2014, 10:04 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

I doubt this is true. Have you thought about working on your own self esteem?
Hey I am in Therapy. And the Steps Stuff. And Alanon. wtf.

But I know how to handle you.

Tank Smashes Prius! Toyota Prius Battles AMC Gremlin & Suffers Crushing Defeat - Roadkill Ep. 17 - YouTube

If seeking out help makes someone a pathetic puss then that would make me one too - and I'm not, in case you're wondering. I'm a badass that drives a Prius.

oh come now. Don't do this. That is like telling a guy he is a "winner" because the girls are letting him play on the girls' basketball team.
Old 02-06-2014, 10:17 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

My personal opinion pray and let god answer your prayers . Make sure it's on his time frame. Sometimes we like to use ours instead
Old 02-06-2014, 10:25 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
See YOU have an advantage -- being from the AA side of the house, and all.

You all can figure out what you want, when you want

in fact you all are SO Good at knowing what, when, where, you want, you all can even become addicted to it. Seems to *us* that you all ready know the When you want is NOW, and the Where is RIGHT HERE will do.

H O W E V E R.

On the Other Side of the Wall -- In the Alanon Room.

We do not have such certainty. We sit on our hands bemoaning our condition. Like most of this thread is all about.

Until that magic dream day when *our dream A* shows up and sort of pays us a little attention, and sweeps us off our feet with a charming line such as . . . .

"I am Horny -- You'll do."

THEN *we* know it is finally True Love for us, too.

Maybe a song would explain it best?

The Bastard Fairies - Whatever - YouTube
HAHAHA!!!

But what I would like to know is how many codies marry codies? And if they did/do, do sound like Disney's Chip and Dale?
Old 02-06-2014, 11:36 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

I KNEW IT! Alanon IS a meat market!!

And I'm going to say it since no one else has...do emotionally sound, healthy, normal men actually exist?
I can honestly say that I don't know even one person who healthy, well adjusted or had a healthy upbringing. In fact, the healthier I get, the more I find out about the crazy because people ask me for help (whether other teachers, students, family, friends or church people). That makes me feel more valued and... Oh wait.

Goes back to working on me. XD
Old 02-06-2014, 11:42 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Well, I am married to one...but he sure as heck didn't come out of the box that way! Long before we met he was in therapy to deal with his stuff. And although we had mutual friends for over ten years before we'd met, we had never even been introduced. Thank goodness, because *I* wasn't emotionally ready to meet him (or anyone) one second before I actually did!
Old 02-06-2014, 12:18 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Katchie View Post
But what I would like to know is how many codies marry codies? And if they did/do, do sound like Disney's Chip and Dale?
I don't know about the Chip and Dale part. But a lot of alcoholics and addicts are Double Winners. Actually, I think being codie can lead one to addiction.

I think I had codie tendencies from a young age. I was always focused on what somebody else was doing/thinking/feeling or not doing/thinking/feeling. There was nothing I could do to change it, so getting drunk and high to 'deal' with how it made me feel seemed to make sense.

Getting off the other stuff has led me to discovering just how codie I am. And I've come to realize my pot-addict bf (and also recovering A or perhaps dry drunk) is also very codie. He can spend all day worrying about what I am or am not doing and never once think about what HE should be doing.

It can really lead to quite a mess when you have two people in a relationship worrying about what the other person is doing and neither of them thinking about what they themselves are doing.
Old 02-06-2014, 12:26 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
My emotional baggage

Right now I feel I am ready to start dating, I think. I am noticing all the wonderful things about men again. After being with my XAH and faithful for 18 years it is a little strange.
You would think I would have no problem. I work at a training academy for first responders. Surrounded by good looking men in uniforms. Guess what? Anyone I have been interested in, married..... Seems like a cruel joke. Kind of like, "Water, Water everywhere but not a drop to drink." sigh.......

4MyBoys
Old 02-06-2014, 04:42 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Maybe for the AA-ers to try to bag something. Dunno.
All I know is, I go to an Al-Anon meeting that is downstairs from an AA meeting, and the few times when my meeting ended before the AA meeting I would be outside waiting for my boyfriend who goes to the AA meeting...some of those guys would be leaving the meeting checking me out like they've never seen a female before in their lives...ew. Like let's not be subtle about this at all.
Old 02-06-2014, 04:59 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

For real, maybe check Alanon. I see some some guys there time-to-time.
Of the total of TWO guys that are regulars in the Al-Anon meeting I go to:

One is a little too depressing for my taste.

The other is too much like me to the point where it's too close for comfort, or something. For example, we both cannot talk and drive at the same time. Like me, he has been in a situation where he was driving a car and talking to the person in the passenger seat and almost not stopped at a red light because he was too caught up in the conversation. The other person was like, "what the f are you doing?!" I have been there. Put us in a car together, I'm almost certain there will be an accident.
Old 02-06-2014, 06:21 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

some of those guys would be leaving the meeting checking me out like they've never seen a female before in their lives...ew. Like let's not be subtle about this at all.

LOL Choublak. I get the same feeling in the waiting room at the VA clinic. I suspect it's because I'm usually the only woman in there under 80 years old, so I'm slightly conspicuous. Tons of studs there, too. Guys who survived D-Day and Ia Drang valley. I could really be reeling 'em in. Too bad I'd rather walk barefoot over a mile long trail of Legos than start dating right now. Too much work to do on me. But this thread is cracking me up. Keep 'em coming y'all.