Happy Mother's Day Everyone!!

Old 05-07-2004, 09:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Happy Mother's Day Everyone!!

These are the days that often seem to blow up in our faces...right??

Plan something nice for yourself and enjoy the day! I like that Plan A/Plan B idea...so have a back-up plan!

Hugs to ALL!!
JT
Old 05-07-2004, 10:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
sdp

Re: Happy Mother's Day Everyone!!

I have no expectations of mine for this weekend. He has been so awful lately. My plan is to give the kids $50 and a list, and they can buy me my present at the mall tomorrow. Maybe the movies on Sunday... i was playing with the idea of getting us a hotel room tomorrow night, but that is kinda expensive.

It's sad-- a guy here at work gave all the women a rose,stuffed animal card and gag gift. I'm alsmost in tears, as it is probably the only gift I'll get that I did not have to pay for!!!!
Old 05-07-2004, 10:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((((((((((((Happy Mothers Day!!!!!!!!!!!!)))))))))))

Ngaire
Old 05-07-2004, 03:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Happy Mother's Day to all!
Just remember, the only way a person can enter this world is through the body of a woman.
Gives one pause for thought, yeah?
Peace,
Gabe
Old 05-07-2004, 03:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Happy Mother's Day to all! I just want some peace...my kids are good, they can enjoy their day as they please. If my A calls, I'll be pleased and the only gift I need or want.

((((((((((((MOMS of A's)))))))))))....I thank God I'm not in your club but admire the heck out of all of you! Enjoy your day!
Old 05-07-2004, 03:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

actually I was just talking to my sister and we had to laugh, it's the same conversation we have every year.... can't wait for it to be over!!!!! My H works, and my mother honestly believes there is just one mother in the entire world, and the world hasn't and can't ever do enough for her. So we call it "nancy's day". That way we can't be disappointed if it comes and goes with little recognition of the face that we're mothers. You all can join us and celebrate "nancy's day", too. And you don't even know her!!!! oy, lucky you!
Pam
Old 05-07-2004, 03:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

McTired,
Oh my God, you and I have the same mother!
My mother thinks the world revolves around her too.
And this year, she's in the hospital for Mother's Day...so the drama will be high.
Just know that ole Gabe will be singing "Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah" when that Mother's Day visit is over.
Peace,
Gabe
Old 05-07-2004, 03:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Happy Hapy Mother's Day!! May we all remember to treat ourselves to something special!!!!!
Old 05-07-2004, 06:30 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
sdp

Hmm. my plans might be ruined..He didn't go out after softball.. He might actually be home tomorrow.
Old 05-07-2004, 06:53 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

My plan is to give the kids $50 and a list, and they can buy me my present at the mall tomorrow.
LOL, if I gave my son $50 and a list, I'd never see him again

My husband is out of town, but he did send flowers (I know because he's making me stay home and wait for the delivery tomorrow, :smlove2:

It's not likely I will hear from my son, so I may just treat myself to a "pamper me" day, and spoil myself rotten.
Old 05-07-2004, 06:56 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

About 7 years ago Ward and I were living with his parents while we were building this house. I had been in recovery long enough to know to take care of me so I made reservations at a restaurant that I had been dieing to go to.

Ward was not even close because he called the Beav and "suggested" he join us. It was a disaster! The Beav called last minute as we were driving there and we had to turn around to pick him AND the girlfriend up whom we had never met. We were late for the reservation and Ward learned a very important lesson.

He had to repeat it a couple of times before it sunk in but I think he has that one figured out!

Hugs,
JT
Old 05-08-2004, 04:05 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
sdp

Ann- My kids are 10, and this would be the first time I would let them walk around the mall alone. As long as they stay together, they should be ok.. Last month was the first time I let them ride their bikes alone, only 3 blocks away, tho.
Old 05-08-2004, 04:07 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
sdp

Anywho- pampering sounds good.. No idea what I will do.. Probably "New York Minute".. or Scooby Doo...
Old 05-08-2004, 07:29 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I am afraid I may grow to hate Mother's Day!

Last year this very week my AH walked out to go live with a buddy and continue his bar-loving lifestyle. I was so stunned and hurt, and certainly felt ripped on Mother's Day.

A couple months later he couldn't live without me and promised the world if we'd give it a second chance.

Now it has happened again, in the exact same week! I could see it coming and knew it'd be close to the same time, but wow.

So this year I will have to work to enjoy myself with my daughter and not be as miserable as I was last time.
Old 05-08-2004, 07:34 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Jessie and Me

Your daughter is blessed to have a mother like you, so celebrate with her and take a hug from me and know that you ARE a great mother!! Don't let anyone and their turdiness take that away from you.

Special Mother's Day Hugs
Ann
Old 05-08-2004, 07:47 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
sdp

J&M-Could he have picked a better time to do it??
Sheesh. That stinks.

Please try to have a good one...
Old 05-09-2004, 05:14 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I actually did have a nice Mother's Day. I focused on myself and my daughter, and did not let my AH's crappiness ruin it.
No, I did not get a card, or a gift from him. But I got a fabulous card and gift from my daughter so that was more than enough!
I had to help my daughter make breakfast myself, I knew he wouldn't do it. So we made for him too, so as not to let hurt and bitterness that he wasn't doing it ruin the day.
I planted in my garden, washed my car, and then we went to a fair. Amazingly, he mowed the lawn while I was planting, and made himself come to the fair and somewhat participate. He wanted to leave quickly, naturally, and probably felt he had done his family duty and could now go do what he really wants to do.
He dropped us off and went to the bar, where he has been for at least 5 hours now. But I did not let that ruin my day, I took my daughter and we went over to the family Mother's Day dinner gathering at his Mom's without him.
It really is lousy to have to live this way, I can't quite get past that part of it. But Lord, I am trying.
Old 05-09-2004, 06:54 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
sdp

Good for you J and M.. And i understand about him wanting to leave family time and do what he really wants. The time spent at the bar is likely more than he spent with you guys!!!!
Old 05-10-2004, 06:40 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hi all,
I had a very good weekend all the way around. It was the first year I had not made any expectations or plans or anything. B/F spent all day Saturday day with me. We went out of town to visit his niece (no drinking). We were invited for a Bar-BQ that evening. There was drinking but not one cross word was spoken. Nothing got out of control. We laughed and talked like we were the only two people there. He went home about 11. On Sunday, I went to my parent's house and had a very good time. Then that evening, my oldest son took me to dinner. He gave me a DVD set of the third season of the "Highlander". I loved that TV show when it was on. B/f called me yesterday a couple of times and was doing well. We were also talking about the fact that we have been together for a year now. It was just a good weekend all the way around. Now back to "Another Manic Monday"

mellow
Old 05-10-2004, 07:07 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Dancing To My Own Beat

I called my mom yesterday to wish her happy m day. I don't guess she had one, since I don't respond anymore to her demands that I live my life the way she thinks I should. She decided not to be happy. I wish she could be happy without controling me, but that is her choice. One of us had a happy day. Hugs, Magic