Well it finally happen!

Old 04-09-2013, 06:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Well it finally happen!

I received divorce papers in the mail today! AH has lied about seeing a lawyer so many times that I really didn't believe he would actually do this.
It sort of put me in a panic. I've been quietly planning the next phase of my life for awhile. I had spoken to an attorney in Dec. but after 37 years, this was a hard decision. I needed to work this out slowly . I have spent some time working on me. We've been living separate lives for awhile. I had worked hard at setting and keeping boundaries.
I just needed a little more time to wrap my arms around the fact, that half of my hard earned retirement money would be his and we all know what he's going to do with it . I'm not completely done mourning what was and could've been. . It's so terribly sad in one way . Even though I know I will have a more peaceful life disconnected from alcohol.....
I just wasn't ready..almost there but not ready. Life has a way a kicking you in the butt !
I'm trying to trust tonight but it's a struggle. Hoping life looks better in the morning.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Grammy - life will look better in the morning. Even if its the right thing to do the ending of a marriage is painful. There is not right time or preparation - I prefer to be cut with a sharp knife than a dull one.

I am sure its hard to lose half your retirement - there is no price on peace though.

Sending you ((((hugs)))) please update us with the wonderful things that happen to you as you start a peaceful, wonderful life sans alcohol.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

((grammy))

I can only imagine how painful this must be - I have several recovery friends that have gone thru similar things and it was difficult for them too.

Seeing an attorney is a wise decision, maybe when you can check back with yours to make sure you are protected as much as possible - it's a hard blow financially - but your serenity and sanity are worth it in the long run.

continued good thoughts & prayers for you

pink hugs
Old 04-10-2013, 07:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hugs to you.

Give yourself extra special love and care today.