should i or should i not?

Old 04-03-2013, 07:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

should i or should i not?

Hi everyone...i havent posted in a awhile..things have actually been looking up for me with my EAF. Well i havent talked to him in about over a week now for good...and ive actually been hanging out with a guy i like ..so its helping me to kinda move forward. Anyways i talked to my ex's cousin the one day and she asked me how i was online and we talked and then she ended up saying something about his aunt was married to a alcoholic and they got divorced. THis aunt is his dad's sister...which is dad is a functioning alcoholic. So She told me that i could tlak to her if i wanted...so she gave his aunt my phone # and she called me yesterday and left a VM. I havnet called back yet...i dont know if i should or not. I dont know if it will help me or hurt me in the end. I know that his family all doesnt agree with him at all, but still. I think it may help to talk to someone that has lived and married to one and got aaway from it though. What do you guys think? thanks
Old 04-03-2013, 07:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My 2 cents: what more do you need to learn/know? You've moved on, you're in recovery - things are looking up, right?

Why stir up old feelings and old hurts? You could call her back, thank her for reaching out, let her know you are doing well, and talk about the lovely Ohio Spring that should (hopefully) be here soon. The end.

Like I said, just my two cents.

C-OH Dad
Old 04-03-2013, 07:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Is he or is he not your EX?

If you are done, be done.

What are you going to learn from someone else, that you don't already know about this guy?

Addicted people are not capable of having healthy relationships. period.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

She could offer you insight on the disease and breaking away from someone you love or this phone call could set you back allot.

I think it all depends on where you are at emotionally with this break up and what your expectations are in talking to her.