Two dry nights

Old 03-28-2013, 04:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Two dry nights

That's right. We are at two dry nights after Monday's puking up blood. He is pretty freaked that he has really messed up his body and says he is done. I don't believe he is done forever (I won't let myself believe and/or hope it) but I do think the past two nights have been quiet.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Maybe- the desire to live is very strong. I've known several alcoholics that once they believed they were going to die if they kept drinking, they just quit.

But, don't get your hopes up too high. ;-)
Old 03-28-2013, 05:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My AW Has 3 Nights!!

The last 3 nights have been just tea. Not sure why, but I'm not complaining one bit. I've gotten 3 really good night's sleep!

She's working late tonite, so not sure what will happen.

One day at a time
Old 03-28-2013, 06:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Two nights of peace is worth a lot! Hope that the fear for his health is enough to straighten up!
Old 03-28-2013, 06:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Night three....he's really really crabby. Either he is crabby from withdrawal or he did sneak a drink (but I am thinking more withdrawl because he is not acting drunk). He's sipping on tea...

But..every little thing the kids do is bothering him. My oldest went to stay the night at a friend's. The youngest bought a two gallon fish tank with his money he earned and you would have thought that was the worst thing ever....apparently that will raise my electric bill. What?!? lol. whatever.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by luv2teachkids View Post
Night three....he's really really crabby. Either he is crabby from withdrawal or he did sneak a drink (but I am thinking more withdrawl because he is not acting drunk). He's sipping on tea...

But..every little thing the kids do is bothering him. My oldest went to stay the night at a friend's. The youngest bought a two gallon fish tank with his money he earned and you would have thought that was the worst thing ever....apparently that will raise my electric bill. What?!? lol. whatever.
I'm sorry your children have to go through this. And it's sad that they feel they have to leave to avoid the chaos. I feel bad for you all.

Protect your children
Old 03-28-2013, 06:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

My oldest was dying to spend time with his friends since it was the last day of school b4 Easter Break. Tomorrow, my boys leave to go spend the week with their father. He lives out of state. It's quiet here...crabby pants is in our room ignoring me, so all is well. That there, is proof, he is sober...my drunk would be out here trying to pick a fight!
Old 03-28-2013, 08:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Dear luv2teach, just a word of caution--if he shows signs of going into more severe withdrawl or impending DT'ds---he could be in very dangerous territory and will need medication and monitoring in a medical setting (detox). You don't want withdrawl seizures on your hands or actual DT's.

I'm just saying to be cautious. They can still go into DT's several days after the last drink. Each individual is unique.

sincerely, dandylion
Old 03-28-2013, 09:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
~sb

Has he been seen by a doctor about the blood? That is a serious sign that something isn't right.