What a Relief

Old 03-27-2013, 12:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What a Relief

Hi all,
Some of you may know after we broke up, the axbf took a job right across the street from where I work.

I just saw him walking into a bar when I was out getting my lunch, it was 12:15 pm. Undoubtedly he was out getting a "nooner" or two.

I almost went in to say something to him but then realized it is such a relief not to have to deal with him anymore and worry about his drinking. I've been casually dating someone who does 90 minutes of yoga a day and actually takes care of his health and we are having a pretty good time together.

Getting through the past 8 months has been a really difficult time in my life but apparently he hasn't changed and never will...
Old 03-28-2013, 12:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Way to go! Nice to realize its not your problem eh?
Old 03-28-2013, 12:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

OhBoy,
Yes. And believe me, the old co-dependent me was ready to follow him into the bar to find out if he was okay, or e-mail his friends or something like that. I'm proud of myself that I did absolutely nothing.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm glad you didn't do anything. And that you had a chance to see he's still drinking, and the break up was for the best. Didn't that make you feel good??
Old 03-29-2013, 12:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Not exactly. I mean, I'm glad I got out of it but after I saw him I felt kind of depressed.

Mostly I wish I didn't have to keep running into him all the time. Saw him this morning on his way into a liquor store -- I hope he was just buying a soda or something but I guess it's none of my business anymore.