OT - Exciting News!

Old 03-27-2013, 06:53 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Oh My Gosh, that is simply gorgeous. I can imagine how alive & intense it will look in the larger displayed size. WOW!!!!!!!

Old 03-27-2013, 08:37 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LaTeeDa View Post
Why yes, it is! For those of you who have bought my work--it just went up in value! LOL

L
My thoughts exactly! I am so happy for you, and so excited for what's next. And proud to have gotten in on the bottom! LOL!
Old 03-27-2013, 08:43 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Just gorgeous work LTD, stunning! Way to go! And thanks for coming here to inspire us

ShootingStar1
Old 03-27-2013, 12:11 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

OMG !! You have to post pictures when it is mounted.

It's wonderful!! thank you for being a huge inspiration !
Old 03-27-2013, 01:25 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Spectacular photograph! Congrats on your success.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:25 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Okay, this is crazy. The universe is telling me something. Although I'm very excited about being in the gallery, I have had some anxiety over raising my prices. (The gallery takes 50% of the retail price, which includes the cost of mounting/framing/whatever. So, that cost is on me, and I've had to increase my prices online to be in line with the gallery prices. "Never undersell your retailers," is advice I've gotten from many who have more experience than me.) Anyway, the price increase was causing me stress and second-guessing of my decision to do this, etc.

Today, I received notification that I sold a 60" canvas--at the new higher prices. This is the largest print I have ever sold and the most profit I have ever made on a single sale. And my prints are not even IN the gallery yet. I am always amazed at what happens to me when I just let go of the outcome. *still shaking my head in disbelief*

Edit to add: this is the one that sold.

L
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
beautifulturbulence.jpg (52.4 KB, 34 views)
Old 04-02-2013, 01:38 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Just had to share my latest bit of good luck. I was shooting a waterfall about 8 miles south when this cloud started to form. Got in the car and headed toward the "good spot" on the lake. This was about 9am, and the lake is almost never calm and smooth at that time of day. But, on this day, it was smooth as glass...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
clouddance.jpg (58.9 KB, 26 views)
Old 04-02-2013, 01:56 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Old 04-02-2013, 03:12 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Hey, I didn't get a chance to comment on this when I first saw it, but congrats!!!

Yes, the universe is, indeed, recognizing your talent and your worth as an artist. It's kinda silly that we tend to judge our worth by what other people think, but sometimes we all need a little shot of confidence that comes with external recognition.

WTG!!!
Old 04-02-2013, 03:21 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
Hey, I didn't get a chance to comment on this when I first saw it, but congrats!!!

Yes, the universe is, indeed, recognizing your talent and your worth as an artist. It's kinda silly that we tend to judge our worth by what other people think, but sometimes we all need a little shot of confidence that comes with external recognition.

WTG!!!
You know, I struggled with this for a while because in recovery, we learn that seeking external validation is not healthy. We learn to validate ourselves and not judge ourselves by what others think. And I went through a time of questioning myself and my recovery because I was getting such a thrill from people liking my images.

I've since come to the conclusion that photography is something I do for me. I would continue to do it even if I never sold another print the rest of my life. It feeds my soul and nothing feels so right for me as when I am out in nature with that camera in front of me. I have let go of the outcome.

The fact that some people seem to like what I shoot is wonderful, and I truly appreciate each and every sale, compliment, facebook like, or what have you. But, that's not why I do it. I do it because I can't imagine *not* doing it.

L
Old 04-02-2013, 03:36 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

I validate you!
Old 04-02-2013, 03:41 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
I validate you!
Well now......that changes everything!
Old 04-02-2013, 03:45 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

That's an amazing shot BTW..
Old 04-02-2013, 03:58 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
A work in progress

I know exactly what you mean.

I gave a training down in WV last week to a bunch of prosecutors from all over the state--many of whom are in poverty-stricken areas. This training was a week-long thing on prosecuting DV cases.

This morning, I got the loveliest thank-you note from one of our participants who talked about how the training "re-charged" her, and rekindled her enthusiasm for her job working with victims.

I was willing to do this job for HALF of what they are paying me. If nobody was paying me, I'd be doing something similar as a volunteer. But getting a note of appreciation like that--well, let's just say I almost teared up. Appreciation may not be WHY we do it, but it sure is icing on the cake when we get it!
Old 04-02-2013, 04:29 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I've since come to the conclusion that photography is something I do for me. I would continue to do it even if I never sold another print the rest of my life. It feeds my soul and nothing feels so right for me as when I am out in nature with that camera in front of me. I have let go of the outcome.
And I, for one am delighted that you get the big bucks for something that you love. It is proof that doing what you love is the only way to go.

As for the pictures, I have no words. Well, astounding is one.

Beth
Old 04-02-2013, 04:40 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
what's a couple thousand miles among friends huh?
Nuttin. Not a thang!
Old 04-02-2013, 04:52 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I am in awe of your pictures! Gorgeous! I am so happy for you.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:59 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

That is fantastic news.
Well done.
I love this pic.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:19 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

From one professional photographer to another, Beautiful Work! Congrats!!!!