on my mind

Old 03-26-2013, 05:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
box of chocolates

on my mind

Getting into a conversation about trust. Ah's frustration over everyone not trusting him.
Like explaining to a teenager how trust was compromised with everything done.
Its earned not just given. Though there was a point where I trusted him . .over time he proved me wrong. Then getting into a conversation about his medication.
I admit I probably shouldnt but voiced my concerns without outright saying it about taking his meds and not over taking them.
Well that didnt go well. I was calm and not bossy but what he heard was me acting like "his mom" and trying to take control.
With a few name calling. It wasnt a nice convo.
I then pointed out how I do not feel appreciated or respected by being called names when I did not call him any names and was being reasonable.
He swears up and down hes not drinking. Hes taking his meds. Hes taking them correctly and not doing anything Wrong and even if so (because hes not acted wasted but only in a daze from the meds) his actions and words (lessened) but still that of an addict and so im a bit skeptical as I will be for a long time and yes...paranoid hell abuse his medication.
I didnt say that but these are my feelings. So im trying to just leave alone and worry about myself. Just getting things off my mind
Old 03-26-2013, 05:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I remember wanting my wife to get off my back because I had been going to meetings & "doing the right thing" for a few weeks. I was incensed b/c she accused me of sneaking drinks & still using & lying about it.

I had taken advice & gotten a sponsor & he asked me how many times over the past 10 yrs she would've been right. Doh.

Your trust has been violated, feelings are totally valid.....but he may well stomp around & pout about it. I did until my sponsor set me right.