Help!

Old 03-28-2013, 02:07 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Listen to the strong wonderful people, hon. I have been there too and I am going thru it again... right now. I fell for another sweet guy... but a guy who has a problem. He may not think so, but it's a problem for me.

I would like nothing better than to say .....and he changed, stopped drinking, stopped the addictive behaviors and we lived happily ever after...but didn't happen in my marriage to an addict and won't happen this time with someone is either. This is all so sad, but the reality is we can only take care of ourselves and do what is right for us.

Go now sweetie... just like I am. Life is so good and too short to waste with this stuff. Hugs
Old 03-28-2013, 02:19 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thank you. You are right about it being sad. I saw him last night and we had a lovely alcohol free evening and he seemed to enjoy himself too but spoke to him tonight and he's as pissed as a fart again, saying that I am over reacting and over exaggerating!
Old 03-28-2013, 05:58 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rachael1880 View Post
Thank you. You are right about it being sad. I saw him last night and we had a lovely alcohol free evening and he seemed to enjoy himself too but spoke to him tonight and he's as pissed as a fart again, saying that I am over reacting and over exaggerating!
Of course you are overreacting and exaggerating - heaven forbid that he would take accountabilty for HIS actions!

As we said before, RUN!!
Old 03-29-2013, 03:30 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Attended By a Single Hound

Originally Posted by TrustTheProcess View Post
Addiction is not a romantic love song, it is hell on earth. We are not victims of addiction, all of us made the choice to believe in the good, the choice to stay.
This is your choice, it will most likely impact your entire life. This life is the only one you have

Yeah, the whole world around me over exaggerated for the whole duration of my using...funny how they stopped doing that when I stopped using...

Hope you're doing alright, Rachel. Keep posting and stay strong.
Old 05-05-2013, 02:09 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Still seeing the same guy and he does manage to go 2 days a week without a drink but will drink over 20 units in one night! More of a binge drinker I think but he doesn't think it's a problem!
Old 08-03-2013, 09:54 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

You need to think about what's best for you - and how much you can put up with in the long-term! Good luck xx
Old 08-03-2013, 05:12 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Get away from this guy asap. Getting in any deeper is just asking for trouble and heartache. And its more difficult the longer you wait. Go NOW and live the wonderful life you deserve!
Old 08-03-2013, 05:53 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Rachael, please listen to all these good people and their wisdom. What you're describing -- him saying you're nagging and exaggerating and you focusing on the good sober days and counting how few and shortlived they are -- will only get worse.

I've been right where you are, wanting the good side -- and there seemed to be a very good side -- of my exABF to "win out." He is showing you who he is in his actions and the way he talks to you. You aren't "strong" by staying.

Please listen to them. There is infinite wisdom here.
Old 08-03-2013, 05:55 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I just thought of something else.

Me telling you to run when you're not ready (or not sure) is eerily like all I'd us telling our A's not to drink and to work on recovery.

I think part of you wants to run though. You came here. You asked for "Help!".

Don't listen to us. Listen to yourself, I think part of you knows in the asking.
Old 08-03-2013, 06:00 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

He has to see it and he has to get help. RUN!

][/B]
I have been seeing my boyfriend for 3 months now and all was grand and rosy to start with as he didn't drink for the first month or so and he said he hadn't drank for a while but now he drinks a whole bottle of wine plus some bottles of beer almost every night of the week, often sitting up on his own drinking after I go to bed then he falls asleep on the couch and I have to get up and get him to come to bed. If I so much as mention that I think he has a problem he gets all defensive! How can I help, support and guide him without sounding like a nag?! Or maybe I can't and he has to see it for himself first!

Any help is much supported. Apart from this one massive thing we have a wonderful relationship!
Old 08-03-2013, 06:07 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

[

Don,t waste time on this,don,t give him anymore of energy,just get away. You,ve only known him 3 months. Not worth it.

B][/B]
Well so much for his I'll give it up for you for a while! He managed one lousy day! So disappointed, angry and let down