This is the end

Old 03-23-2013, 11:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

This is the end

Well my cheating, STBXAW has taken things to a new level. Tonight she had her second bout of incontinence in the last month. The first time I cleaned her up and put her to bed. This time I dragged her to the shower and laid her down. I'll let her sleep in her crap and she can clean it up tomorrow. I'm done!!!!!
Old 03-24-2013, 12:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you! She should have to deal with it, not you. If waking up in a shower, covered with crap, doesn't make her see she has a problem, what will? Aside from hurting someone in a DUI, I really can't think of anything worse.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Bravo!!
Old 03-24-2013, 12:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for letting me vent, Members. I've been going to Al-Anon meetings 2 or 3 times a week for a month. My AW has no desire to stop drinking. I feel that the only way I will ever attain serenity is to divorce her. It will be tough splitting all of the property and paying her alimony, but even if I have to lower my standard of living at least I'll have a reasonable chance of having a peaceful, tranquil life.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm truly sorry your'e going through this. Even though you did the right thing, I know it is gut wrenching to see the person you loved in this kind of shape. You are allowing her to experience the consequences of her choices. That shows an awareness on your part. I can only say that we support your journey and wish you serenity.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'd be happy living in a barn if it meant peace. You did the right thing.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I second fhe living in a barn thing! Bob, you will be so pleasantly surprised to see how much better life becomes without the craziness of alcoholism in it. It's like your world goes from B&W to color again. The process of divorce might be tough but totally worth it in the end. And if your leaving your wife helps her to bottom out and get sober, even better.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Been there done that- so sorry you are dealing with this. I have been on my own for almost 4 months from AH and it is peaceful - I back pedal but am moving forward - you are worth it! Hugs -
Old 03-24-2013, 12:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

but even if I have to lower my standard of living at least I'll have a reasonable chance of having a peaceful, tranquil life.

if this latest episode is any indication, any change you make to remove yourself would be an improvement in your standard of living?? you deserve so much better! may peace and tranquility be yours my friend!
Old 03-24-2013, 12:07 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good for you, Bob! I'm sorry you're dealing with this right now, but it sounds like you have learned a lot from your meetings and so on.

Wishing you well as you continue moving forward.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:08 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

It's like your world goes from B&W to color again.
This is fantastic DoS!