Taking the next step

Old 03-23-2013, 11:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Taking the next step

Just wanted to say that I've found a woman I asked to sponsor me and am looking forward to starting that process. We are doing a "temporary" sponsorship, going to reassess in 90 days and decide if it's working for both of us, which is fine w/me.

Between the "in-person" meetings I have attended so far, the support and information I have found here online, and the next step of starting to work more intensively w/a sponsor, I feel a little scared but a lot more hopeful. Some of the things I have read here, whether they were sent to me or sent to others, have been a STRONG wakeup call for me, and I can't thank all of you enough.

You guys all give me hope that I can come out the other side of this not just OK, but better than I was before!
Old 03-23-2013, 11:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Originally Posted by honeypig View Post
You guys all give me hope that I can come out the other side of this not just OK, but better than I was before!
Yup, it's true--you CAN come through this stronger than you ever were before, more insightful, more courageous, more free.

Keep it up--you're on the right track.
Old 03-23-2013, 01:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Dear Honeypig

Also, I love your doggie! What is his name/backstory??

dandylion
Old 03-23-2013, 04:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I was nervous about getting a sponsor. I think I new I was entering another level of commitment to AlAnon if I did. But I"m so glad I pushed past my fears and got my sponsor. She has been a wonderful wise mentor and friend. She is letting me take this journey at my pace, but always there when I need a nudge.

I'm glad you're doing so well.