going to court today

Old 03-21-2013, 04:27 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by outonalimb View Post

I took my power back today.
Good for you! Thanks for sharing. You are inspiring!
Old 03-21-2013, 04:37 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

((OTL))) - I'm so sorry I didn't read this earlier, as I would have ramped up the prayers, but you are ALWAYS in my prayers, and I'm glad that you went in there as the person I know and held strong.

You've been there for me, forever, and I am so damned PROUD of you!!! Did I mention I wanna be like you (and a few others here) when I grow up?

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 03-21-2013, 04:42 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

So happy to hear about how it went today! I'm also so glad that's over!!

Enjoy those fabulous new shoes, and get a great night's sleep...after perhaps a movie and some popcorn with your son
Old 03-21-2013, 06:40 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

That is so great...I am so happy, especially where you looked at him and just felt nothing...serenity at it's best in an awful circumstance!

Here's one more for you:

Old 03-22-2013, 04:31 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Good For You!!!

Great news, so proud of you!! Thanks for the update
Old 03-22-2013, 04:48 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

WOW, Outonalimb!!! Look at what you did--You took control of your own thoughts and feelings rather than just reacting to him. You DID take your own power. What a good lesson for all of us on how to face our fears----when fear comes a'knockin.

Retail Therapy!!---Who Knew?

I feel a celebration coming on--

dandylion
Old 03-22-2013, 06:04 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

So happy for you!!!

Well curiosity is getting the best of me - what happened to your ex in court?
Old 03-22-2013, 07:28 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

The judge determined that there was enough evidence to send the case up to a higher court for trial (or, hopefully, a guilty plea). I guess there was lots and lots of drama in the courtroom before I was called to the stand and after I left. Exah's attorney wanted to send exah for a psychiatric exam and exah said he didnt' want or need one. Round and round and round they went. I think exah's erratic and irrational behavior was on vivid display. The real beauty in all of this is that I wasn't the one having to try to reason with him. That job now officially belongs to his defense attorney, the jail guards,and anyone else he comes into contact with him. I've been blessedly relieved of this job. Thank you God!!

Hugs and thanks to everyone. I'm so overcome with gratitude for all the help and support I've had since I stepped utu of the shadows and 'went public' with all of these big, scary, ugly problems that I had been dealing with on my own for so long. There are so many recovery lessons for me in this whole experience but the one that really jumps out at me today is that we dont' have to figure out and handle everything on our own. There is NO SHAME in asking for help. And I am amazed at how my HP put so many wonderful people in my life to hold my hand, prop me up, encourage me, and calm me down when I started to lose it. I had a great prosecutor, a great detective, a great sgt. who drove 4 hours each way to come and testify that exah was given a copy of the restraining order just because that seemed to be exah's only issue. This sgt wasn't even subpoenaed...he was under no legal duty to do this and yet he did. I had wonderful victim advocates who talked to me and kept me distracted. I had my al anon friends sending encouraging texts and prayers. And I had you guys too. I'm overwhelmed with gratitude. Thanks so much...from my heart....thank you!!!
Old 03-22-2013, 07:38 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

You are an inspiration! I hope you are strutting around in those new shoes today!
Old 03-22-2013, 10:03 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

^^^^^^^^^

I second that!!

You are AWE INSPIRING!!!

WTG Mary!!!!!!

I do so like the 'touch' of the new black pumps!!! And yes retailing can be very fulfilling and an ease of 'anxiety.' rofl

Sounds like he is going to get a 'message' whether he wants one or not.

I am so grateful that your personal growth has helped to remove you and your child from the disaster of living with an A!!

Love and hugs,
Old 03-22-2013, 11:03 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Mary,

You are an inspiration to me.
Thank you so much for sharing your story here, I am grateful for you and the SR family.
Yes, I cried when I read your posts after court.
Empathy, relief and gratitude.
Oh my, here I go again.
Thank you.

Sincerely,

Beth
Old 03-27-2013, 08:11 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Mary,
I was following your story at the time, reading posts on my smartphone- but have not had much time to come to SR and post.
I couldn't let this post go by without letting you know just how wonderful and strong I think you are!
I had to make some decisions in my divorce proceedings recently - I was tempted to step back to avoid making waves and just end the conflict. I was rolling over because he is a mean, controlling, narcissistic bully.
You gave me strength - what you did was required more bravery than what I was facing. I changed course and stood my ground because you inspired me!

So, I must send you my most heartfelt thanks. I am tearing up as I write this and I'm not sure why.

Hugs,
MamaKit
Old 03-28-2013, 03:58 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I wish I could just hug all of you in person. I am so touched by your posts. Thank God we have this community where we can prop each other up, cheer each other on, empathize and sympathize, share our tears and our fears, and even laugh at the insanity of it all once in a while. What a blessing you all are! Thanks again for your love and your support.

Mary
Old 03-28-2013, 07:57 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

so very proud for you!!

glad you & your HP made it thru -
continued prayers for strength, widsom and courage to face what you need to face to keep getting better!!

Pink Hugs!
Old 03-28-2013, 08:02 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

So very very proud of you!!!!!!

For myself, I think it is the very very very high heels that give me courage.....

It might help that (oops) he is just my height....

Let's all just keep on keepin' on

ShootingStar1
Old 03-28-2013, 08:31 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Well done! I hope now he can get the help he so desperately needs. Sounds like a very sick man.

And you, my dear, are a shining example of solid recovery!
Hugs,
~T