Old 03-18-2013, 01:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,
Myself and my partner have just joined this site so not sure how it all works yet but hope I am writing in the right place !
My BF has been drinking problematically for years and is now trying to stop. I have six weeks until I give birth to our first child and I am feeling very frightened that he wont be able to stop. I know I can be a good Mum on my own but I love him very much and feel completely helpless. I am scared to hope that things will be ok because I don't want to feel disappointed again.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Hi, and welcome!

My suggestions would be that you get involved in Al-Anon, and that he get involved in AA. I hope your partner is able to quit, too. Hope is fine, as long as you don't confuse it with reality. People can, and do, recover from alcoholism. It doesn't happen overnight, though, and even when people quit drinking and are working very hard on their recovery, it can be a tense and difficult time for both partners.

Glad you have joined us here.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Someone posted something yesterday about 10 ways one can tell if an alcoholic is full of crap about their recovery..It was really interesting, maybe you should check it out..

Welcome to SR!