Maybe O/T - Learning to Accept Abundance/Self Love

Old 03-10-2013, 12:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Maybe O/T - Learning to Accept Abundance/Self Love

Coming from a dysfunctional family, I have always had trouble with this. Since you never know when the craps gonna hit the fan or why, you learn not to trust when things are going well and not to invest in those choices that would improve things.

For example: I have really crappy pillows. I mean, they are like sleeping on bags of socks. But of course I don't replace them; I just keep dealing with them.

Another thing: I have just started going to the Y to exercise. I really enjoy it, but a part of me yells in my ear "Yeah, but yer still gonna be fat when you get home".

I don't think I am expressing myself very well in this post, but I have a feeling that those people who know where I am coming from will understand this instantly. Feedback?
Old 03-10-2013, 01:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Sure--it has to do with not feeling you deserve better.

Buy new pillows--PLEASE. When I replaced my mattress I bought and returned a few pillows till I found one that let me sleep comfortably. Well worth it--trust me.
Old 03-10-2013, 03:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh yes, I used to be like that. I grew to understand that the mind is like a primitive computer: garbage in, garbage out. So when I heard "the voices", lol, I'd say "thank you for sharing mother now get the fu** out of here. I change the channel. If I have to call someone, turn on the TV or go fast walking (really a big help) it's ok.

You do this for a while and you will know peace of mind.