I need help urgently.

Old 03-18-2013, 03:08 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I think you did great in not assisting your sister that last time. She needs to suffer the consequences of her actions. No one can really explain why one sibling is affected with alcoholism and one is not.

But, I'd like to hear more about you. How do you think you did on the exams? I know they are kind of rough, and good luck with the remainder.

We are here for you. You are only 18, your sister has in a way been your surrogate mother for a few years.

I for one, would love to celebrate the good in your life with you, and help cushion the bad in your life.

You had to grow up too fast. Stay in touch with us here so that we can celebrate your life with you.

I am a RA. I have two sisters, this disease did not affect them, I don't know why it affected me. I just know that it did, and that I am the only one that can fix it. My sisters never were, and never should be responsible for me. Only I can. Let your sister go, and concentrate on you.

You are now part of our family. Good luck with the rest of the exams, and let us know how you did.

((((((hugs))))))
Old 03-21-2013, 01:09 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi
Well not IIT for me, I've taken commerce with math. I actually want to pursue something completely unrelated to my subjects. I want to become chef. As for the examinations, they are going okay. I mean, Math went a little funny.
And as for the sister, the whole "no alcohol" thing was just another one of those phases. She's back being her nasty self again. Whatever, I'm not going to do anything now on. I'm officially fed up.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:04 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

My stepson has had to figure all of this out for himself, just as your sister will need to do. Sometimes, he makes missteps still. Overall, we think he is finally turning things around for himself. We tell him we love him when we can, but we no longer clean up after him, and he does not live with us.

Oooooo, a chef!! That sounds fantastic! We'll all ask you for help with recipes and techniques

Let us know how the application process goes! Best of luck!!
Old 03-21-2013, 05:14 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
A work in progress

YOU sound great! Wow--being a chef! I used to enjoy cooking, but I've gotten lazy about it to the extreme. Sounds like a terrific career choice. I'm glad you are determined not to let your sister's troubles hold you back from YOUR life.