How to have fun without drinking?

Old 03-06-2013, 09:53 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

(((((oveaboveall)))))

The DayQuil really wasn't enough to give him any high,
Oh yes it can 2 bottles would give him a buzz, different than alcohol but still a buzz.

You also said he had been smoking pot until recently.

I have to say this, he is NOT in recovery, he is just changing one addiction for another. My alcoholic husband who was clean and sober 5 years started GAMBLING and it soon became apparent that he had just changed one DOC (drug of choice) for another.

True recovery usually takes some kind of 'program' or intense one on one counseling.

Yes, we are being 'hard' on you. We who have been where you are now, would just like you to have 'all the facts ma'am all the facts'. Got to alanon, work on you, because I believe you are in for one hell of a roller coaster ride.

What you have described here is an alcoholic on a 'dry drunk'. Dry drunk is one who is not drinking but is still exhibiting all their alcoholic ways and thinking.

Please, please think this through, go to some Alanon meetings (at least 6 different one to find one that you feel even a little bit comfortable) or get some one on one private counseling.

Personally it sounds to me like ABF is trying to do what we alcoholics, deep down know we cannot do and that is 'controlling our addiction.' Yes I am an RA for many years now, and also have many years in Alanon.

This is now about YOU not him. All you can do is watch his ACTIONS instead of listening to his words. Please get some help for you, read around this site. Read the 'stickys' (the one's with locks on them) at the beginning of this forum, continue to post to let us know2 hou YOU are doing a we do care do very much.

Love and hugs,