OT and Recovery

Old 02-28-2013, 04:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

OT and Recovery

I have recently joined the ranks of cat owner!

My son was fostering and his roommate decided after three months it was not working for him. Son called me in desperation but also thought we were a good match. I have been dodging offers for two years since my divorce to take a pet. Something in my son's voice told me that I needed to rethink my decision.

He was so right! Pumpkin and I are a great match. He is loving and talkative which reminds that I am not alone and very loved.

I bring this up as part of recovery because at the beginning of my recovery I laid out a plan of how I wanted my life to be in the coming years. Most things on my list I could not afford.

One by one, each of my goals is reached. Not as I thought it would be. Stay open to your dreams. I cannot afford a cat... haven't had raises in two years and may lose my job... I am fostering which means someone else is paying the bills while I get the "good stuff". Win- win.

There are other goals being met in similar ways - such as my job can't guarantee my job and hasn't provided raises but recently added long term disability to our benefit which is a big deal when you have a debilitating illness - which I do. Better yet, the day the memo came out - was the day my illness made significant advances and limitations. Higher power? Yes!

I just want to encourage people here to think, set a goal, and watch it happen. I got out of a bad situation with my exah by setting one goal at a time. It took time, it took me three years to let go and three years later I have obtained all my heart's desires to this point.

I still have some healing to do... but I "never" thought I would have the life I have now and am so content. Fears surround me now for different reasons, (mostly medical) but I have support for that now which I didn't have before.

Hope prevails... and when I can learn how to upload a pic of my sweet one I will do so.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

YES, YES---pictures, please!!!

dandylion, lover of cats (and all of God's creatures)
Old 03-01-2013, 05:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

yes a Pic!! I have 3 cats and I swear I would have 30 if I had the room. But then again I might be called the crazy cat lady.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Aaahhh....happy for you AND the cat! Animals give unconditional love, they're the best!
Old 03-01-2013, 06:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oh good for you!!! What an uplifting post, thanks for taking the time to share.

Signed, FireSprite hopeless cat lover, with 6 felines currently in residence. I/we love my/our furbabies.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Its great you've happened upon so many solutions in round about ways to make you happy! Seconding calls for pics! There's no such thing as too many cat pics

My cats have been such a comfort to me too and watching how they behave and react to things actually teaches me a lot, surprisingly. For example, they don't like ABF and he asks me why, I say if you shout at them and scare them obviously they won't want to be around you. Then I think he shouts at me and scares me, why am I still around him?! LOL