SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   Of All The Nerve (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/28588-all-nerve.html)

singlemom3 04-28-2004 11:38 PM

Of All The Nerve

I have been seperated for almost a month and just when I think he gets that I'm never coming back, he calls and asks if its ok if we still sleep together?????????? I told him no that I didn't think it would be a good idea, then he asks why?? I hung up on him right away, I am not sure what exactly is going through his head if he actually thinks I wanna sleep with him still. I'm am not sure. Could anyone enlighten me? :finger1:

2ndBest 04-29-2004 12:01 AM

Re: Of All The Nerve

I don't know if this is actually enlightening you, but he sounds like a fool (no offense to you)!

He is probably just too lazy to go out and charm the pants off of someone else, and figures he might as well as ask you, after all, you put up with his stuff all of this time!

Tell him to go float his boat - alone!!!! :titanic

splendra 04-29-2004 02:49 AM

Good for you! I believe he is trying to see if he has a way back in.

DefofLov 04-29-2004 05:03 AM

wow, he is ever so romantic! :dead:

Lorelai 04-29-2004 06:17 AM

They never cease to amaze me. If yours is anything like mine, I'm sure it was a hard offer to resist ! Ha, ha, ha.

sunflowergal29 04-29-2004 01:06 PM

Great job hanging up! You are getting strong!!
I agree w/ the others- he is trying to open any doors possible, also think maybe he's getting a little squirmy (if you know what I mean, LOL!). Too bad, soooo sad!!
-sfg29

ladyphish 04-29-2004 02:24 PM

You wonder what he's thinking....He does in fact think you still want to sleep with him. Your the one seeking recovery, he is still in the sick thinking, so he does not "get it". Good for you that you stuck to your guns.

04-29-2004 04:40 PM

i have been seperated 6 weeks and my ah went out and found a new girlfriend after 4 weeks. it is so sad. we have been together for 10 years. he has no morals. he didn't even want to try and help save our marriage. it's disgusting. and if i found a new man right away i'd probably be a ****, wh..., bi..., etc. we even have an 18 month old together. it all reflects on us, does he care. nope. i don't think he ever will care.

tootiredmom 05-01-2004 08:23 PM

men sometimes confuse sex with love. I know that first hand... sadly enough.

thiswebs4u 05-01-2004 08:43 PM

Ya and women don't? And there are on women alcoholics???? Some men think with there brains also.

thiswebs4u 05-01-2004 08:54 PM

Sorry for the type error. Guys are effected by this also!!!

myles1 05-02-2004 12:15 PM

He's sick and playing a stupid game, probably trying to get back in the door.

Good for you fo rhanging up.

My ex figured I'd call him when I "got desperate enough" as he put it. :tongue3: Well I never called him much to his shock I'm sure.

Ngaire

smf30 05-03-2004 07:11 AM

Because he is an idiot! When my AH and I separated briefly he said "just give me a call if you feel the NEED". PUHHHHHLEEEZZZE! This was someone who was having an inappropriate "friendship" with some skank and eventually slept with her.

Men and women are wired so differently. It amazes me that we ever hook up to begin with.