Cant pull myself together.............

Old 02-27-2013, 05:29 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I have been rich (best $$$ year 2007) and I have been poor (by 2010 recession hit was hard for my business held on for 2 years and depleted everything I had to do so). In early 2010 I was considering just handing my condo back to the bank but hell they didn't want it and worked with me on lowering my mortgage.

Today I am going to sign a lease on my new business space. I am so excited I have been up since 6am. Things I do different now.....I will never again live like the good times will last forever I remember staring at the shoes, handbags and clothes hanging in my closet and thinking how incredibly stupid, stupid, stupid. I will never put value in material possessions like I did before that is for sure. I love my home but I would walk away from it in a second its just a THING.

If you have your health you have it all - There is no price on that and sanity. The rest, the material stuff - always replaceable.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:52 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by redatlanta View Post
I have been rich (best $$$ year 2007) and I have been poor (by 2010 recession hit was hard for my business held on for 2 years and depleted everything I had to do so). In early 2010 I was considering just handing my condo back to the bank but hell they didn't want it and worked with me on lowering my mortgage.

Today I am going to sign a lease on my new business space. I am so excited I have been up since 6am. Things I do different now.....I will never again live like the good times will last forever I remember staring at the shoes, handbags and clothes hanging in my closet and thinking how incredibly stupid, stupid, stupid. I will never put value in material possessions like I did before that is for sure. I love my home but I would walk away from it in a second its just a THING.

If you have your health you have it all - There is no price on that and sanity. The rest, the material stuff - always replaceable.
Redatlanta, I thank you for this post. I remember when I quit my job way back in 1998 and we lived on one income and somehow I made it work. Now, my AH makes good money and I do feel motivated by the shoes and clothes and I have to remind myself that those 'things' aren't as important as my mental and emotional health.

Last week I was out shopping and asked my 14 year old if he wanted or needed anything: new clothes, new shoes, video games, etc. He almost always answers no. He doesn't play video games anyway. He hardly ever asks for anything unless it's for his camera, LOL, or for tennis and that is usually a 'need' vs a want for him. He teaches me lessons everyday when he says, "mom, I have everything I need."

Anyway, thanks for the life lesson. I am getting closer to figuring out which way I want to take my own marriage and I will need these lessons in the very near future.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:08 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

It was a hard and very humbling experience - and embarrassing to have put so much VALUE in ......hell things that have no value (marginal at best) if you need to sell them!

Priorities - I have them now or at least like to think I do - Glad things are moving along for you Liza!