At witts ends with wife.

Old 02-25-2013, 06:40 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Plexi50w- Perhaps a shot in the dark, but I have found that a way to detach with love can be obtained by losing yourself in playing the guitar.

......but I may be way off base.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:49 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Crazed View Post
Plexi50w- Perhaps a shot in the dark, but I have found that a way to detach with love can be obtained by losing yourself in playing the guitar.

......but I may be way off base.
Well lets see. I have two Marshall half stacks a Les Paul, and a Telecaster. So you're not too far off!

And yes, it has been a complete life saver since I started playing a little over six years ago.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:54 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CentralOhioDad View Post
At first when I read this, I thought, "HELL YEAH, count me in!" But then I gave myself a moment to think about what normal was/is. And I remembered that I had done many things wrong in my current relationship and previous relationships that 'appeared' to have been normal, but really weren't. In my long time here on this planet, I was warped in many ways. Only through this site have my eyes been opened to the world of alcoholism, and the world of codependency or other things.

I'm looking for a "New Normal", a "HEALTHY" normal. And I think I'm working toward that, in small steps. So, no - I don't want to go back to the way things were, because I'd probably end up in the same place I am now. I want to grow, and learn, and become a better me, and continue to raise the bar on what 'normal' is.

My 2 pennies. Thanks!

C-OH Dad
I was referring to going back in time before even being involved with someone being an Alcoholic. I know people that have great relationships, and booze is not even in the picture, nor is it a problem.

I know nothing is perfect, but it doesn't have to be as difficult as it can be either.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:08 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Regardless of preexisting personality issues, alcohol literally poisons / fries the bran. Just stopping drinking is not a viable solution in many cases. All the stuff the OP described we have seen here before, no surprises.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:09 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PLEXI50W View Post
Well lets see. I have two Marshall half stacks a Les Paul, and a Telecaster. So you're not too far off!

And yes, it has been a complete life saver since I started playing a little over six years ago.
Sports saved my life while I was in ground zero living with EAW. Now music helps a lot.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:32 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I have two Marshall half stacks a Les Paul, and a Telecaster.
Last week I bought an Ibanez JEM, and a Fractal Axe-FX II (phenomenal amp simulator/multi-effects processor). Getting back into my 30 year on-again-off-again hobby has really been helpful! Hang in there.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:32 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Plexi - uh, remind me again of why you are still there?
(dusting hands together) I'm out-buh-bye....
Owning your part in it will help with the healing/lesson
here. The Al-anon has the inventory work too...
A book that comes to mind for you is (I dont like the title
but it is very good for every person, not just people in relationships)
How to be an adult in Relationships by David Richo
Best Blessings for your life back!! Go Get IT!!
Old 02-26-2013, 04:43 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PLEXI50W View Post
I was referring to going back in time before even being involved with someone being an Alcoholic. I know people that have great relationships, and booze is not even in the picture, nor is it a problem.

I know nothing is perfect, but it doesn't have to be as difficult as it can be either.
Plex, I understand what you're saying, and I also considered that approach as well. But then I thought - yes, I hate being involved with an A, but I've learned so much about myself and have grown so much personally, that maybe it was God's Plan to make me go thru this in order to grow up, finally.

Now, I wish God would have kept my dear, sweet son out of the equation, but I need to deal with that too. It's one of life's many lessons, and I'm trying to do the best I can with it.

But I do understand your point - I would have preferred to NEVER , EVER have to deal with the BS that comes with dealing with an addict.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:26 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
box of chocolates

They dont call it recovery for nothing. Think of it as a shell shock for the a.
Sobreity is only the first step. Shes coping and hopefully in time it gets better.
Just remember the a lived in a drunken stupor coped in a drunken stupor and now shes not
One day at a time.