A Message to iamthird

Old 02-14-2013, 04:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A Message to iamthird

Dear iamthird, by now your surgery is likely over and you are on a new path to healing. I am praying that everything went well and that your soul is a little lighter knowing that you have a world wide family on SR that is praying for you. Get some much needed rest over the next few days, let your mind and body focus on healing. We're with you.

Love & Prayers
Mary
Old 02-14-2013, 04:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

:ghug3

(((((((((((((((iamthird))))))))))))))))

Dear God, Please wrap iamthird in your loving arms and heal her mind, body and spirit. Restore her health and fill her with your light and loving presence. Amen.

Love
Mary
Old 02-14-2013, 05:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm not a religious or spiritual typy person. Just know I had 2 cancers and I made it through both, I am there with you, and wishing you the best. I know you can do this. I remember when I was going thru what I went thru, laughter was the best, you may not feel up to it now and I understand. I had people (friends) that also went thru cancer, (not really assuming what surgery you had was for), but we got thru it all.

We kept each other strong. We laughed at the chemo, the bags, the constipation. We joked about how we finally made it to the kitchen, the post office, (which was right next door.)

Anyway, I haven't read your previous posts, or I caught a glimpse of them, but really wishing you well on the surgery.

You'll pull through just fine.

Thinking of you.

Ann Marie
Old 02-14-2013, 06:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thinking of you tonight.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Prayers going up for you to heal and be comforted, iamthird.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am home. I have been in and out of sleep today so I wanted to reply when I was fully awake.

Surgery went fine. Mission accomplished. I won't know results for a few days. But I am home recovering by myself. Its a challenge. I have no one to call out to for a little help so i just close my eyes and go to sleep. I have a ton of friends who have text to see how I am but very few people actually go out of their way to stand with you during your worst.

Surprisingly, separated AH brought my daughter to hospital last night to see me. He also offered to get my prescription filled for me and marketed for me today. This is what I mean. He is so cold and callous and then does something surprisingly kind and I just dont know how to take it. I just said Thank You because I did need the help. I cant overanalyze what it means or doesnt mean, I am just grateful i needed help and he pulled through.

Regardless, I am thankful for my SR family. I was so enthralled and comforted to read all my responses and well wishes. I am so tired of concentrating and focusing on what I dont have. I need to start focusing on what I do have. Thank you everyone for carrying me through yesterday.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Hey! So glad to hear from you--been watching for you and hoping/praying all was well.

Well, I am glad your husband did those things for you. I think you are wise not to read too much into it, but glad you can be simply grateful for the help--wherever it comes from. Sometimes people wind up being able to settle for mostly civil co-existence, and that's something worth having.

You just keep resting as much as you need to.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

My thoughts and prayers are with you!
Old 02-15-2013, 07:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

iamthird, thank you for the lovely PM, and do know I tried to respond but your box is full!

Your words humbled me; I appreciate it very much!

I am glad to hear you are resting - and that even though it is not the help you expected, it is help nonetheless. Life is always full of little twists and turns - I have learned not to spend too much time analyzing it all and just enjoy the ride.

Prayers for a full recovery soon!
~T
Old 02-16-2013, 11:14 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

So happy to hear your surgery went without complication and you're home! With respect to friends, I think sometimes friends don't know what to do. Don't be afraid to ask for specific help. If someone sends a text or calls, respond and tell them you need a favor. Whether it's to pick something up for you, bring you some magazines, run an errand for your daughter...no matter. You'll find that people want to help.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:49 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thinking of you tonight, hope that you're resting and healing. Hugs,

ShootingStar1