Oh heavens..this has nothing to do with drugs..

Old 04-26-2004, 02:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Oh heavens..this has nothing to do with drugs..

or drink...but it has to do with my son. My baby son...my 16 year old. Now don't laugh...but I just found out that he isn't a virgin anymore. I was doing the laundry...he obviously didn't check his pockets...when I opened the dryer door a condom pouch falls out along with some of his lunch money and papers. I just stood there...frozen. I mean, I always knew one day...but not yesterday...ya know what I mean? I just gave him his basket of laundry and told him he had some stuff on the dryer.
He came in my room after about 30 minutes and we talked. I explained to him that condoms alone aren't as safe as well.....you all know the drill. I told him that I have to shift gears now...an hour before he was my baby...now he isn't. I just feel like I want to cry.
Okay..now ya'll can laugh.

Mom.
Old 04-26-2004, 02:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Survivor

Re: Oh heavens..this has nothing to do with drugs..

Scary isn't it Mommie? Who knowz what to do in those situations. As long as he is being careful. Is he the baby of the family??

Luv Ya!!!

~Def
Old 04-26-2004, 02:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Growing Up

OH my gosh, LM, I feel your pain! The day my oldest got her cycle the first time, I started thinking -Oh great, now she could actually become pregnant. Such a shocking thought.
So, you two talked? Good for you! Wooo HOO! Gold stars for you! Was he mortified or proud? Just curious.
Old 04-26-2004, 03:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

LovingMom,

No laughs from me I have a 16 year old boy too. I bought conodms because I have 2 boys and neither one of them have jobs. While they didn't want to admit to me that they were sexually active, I thought the older one might be after noticing the sucker bite on his neck.(I cried too)!!!!

Teenagers give you grey hair!!!!!

I feel ya...Lady
Old 04-26-2004, 03:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am sorry but I have to say that I did laugh! And thank goodness too..... It is the first laugh I have had all day long... sorry but thank you. I found out on April 4th that my mother has cancer, and it has really put some stuff into perspective for me! I have 4 kiddos (three are boys, one girl) and I am sure that one day I will have to GO THERE too.... awful thought. Somehow though, the life and death situation with my mother has really helped me to see how small some issues are. OK OK that doesn't sound right..... Your situation is serious and not small! It came across wrong. I just laughed and had to say thanks. OH and good luck, you handled it very well!