The 10 Reasons I Stayed..............

Old 01-08-2005, 10:05 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
I'm more than the drunk's wife

ok got more

he has all the money
I'm the beneficiary ..and there's hope..
he takes care of the cars
he deals with the cat boxes
he walks the dogs
he takes the kids skiing and stays sober
he takes the kids fishing..and stays sober
he loves to camp..and stays sober
he's irritating the hell out of me right now.. but it's cold outside
I have no where else to go
he's made all the money for the last ten years
I've got one ex pain in the butt hubs.don't need two

have a great night
Old 01-09-2005, 03:59 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Reasons I stay....

1. He helps me out around the house if I ask. I never mow the lawn, never shovel snow. He also helps out friends and family when they need it too.
2. He has a wide variety of work skills. He works hard and his bosses love him.
3. He acts tough but he's actually quite sensitive. Cries at wedding ect.
4. He treats me like I'm beautiful even when I'm lounging around with my jammies on.
5. We can sit around and talk for hours about nothing at all.
6. He's very confident about himself and what he can do. He can be comfortable in a room full of strangers and he's always himself, never fake.
7. He's the positive to my negative attitude sometimes. He always thinks about the best things that could happen not the worst.
8. He excepts my moodiness, and doesn't hold grudges. He lives for today and doesn't bring up the past to use as ammo later.
9. Kid and animals love him. He has a contagious easy going attitude.
10. I love him and I know he loves me no matter what we do. He holds my hand when we go out and always gives me a kiss in the morning before he leaves. He even calls me on his lunch breaks. He calls me to tell me where he's going and he usually comes home when he says he will. He always checks to see if there's anything I need before he comes home.

Last edited by Aquiana; 01-09-2005 at 05:41 PM.
Old 01-09-2005, 04:12 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

okay this is a very hard thing to do

I asked my husband to leave 1 month ago...but I use to stay in this relationship because:
I use to stay because it seemed easier than leaving
I use to stay because I believed the promises
I use to stay because I thought he would regain sobriety and be who I fell in love with.
I use to stay because we were married so long (27) years I could not imagine being without him
I use to stay for the children
I use to stay for the grand children
I use to stay because I was paralyzed by all that was going on and couldn't figure out what the heck to do.
I use to stay because we went places together and started to have fun
I use to stay because it wasn't so bad all the time...just every time he got drunk
I use to stay because he could go a week without drinking and during those days, I would get sucked back into believing

Now.....I would stay if....
He would get himself into a program and truly sober up and work the program
I would stay if the program that he would have to work, would help his anger go away
I would stay if he told the truth about things, so no more spyders/lies would come crawling out of the woodwork
I would stay if he would make amends to our grown children and family members that have been so hurt by all of this, while he was staying sober and working a program
I would stay if I could continue to grow in my own areas, and not have to make excuses why I need to do it.
I would stay if we could leave each other's area of improvement up to each other, and we could fall in love again
I would stay if I could actually feel love for him again. If I could. want to kiss him or make love to him but right now I don't want to do those things
I would stay if we could truly work on what has made us both so freaking sick, and start over.
I would stay if I could truthfully forgive him. But I just don't think I have forgiveness in me right now
So for now we just have to stay apart, because none of my "I would stay if's" are anywhere near close to coming true...I am sorry my thread wasn't as beautiful as the others.....I am still hoping I will have reasons to love my husband someday........
Old 01-09-2005, 04:14 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I like this game- let see,
why I stay with my AH today
1. Today he actually went to work
2. He kissed me this morning until I woke up
3. Because he didn't try to appologize this morning (again) for being a dumb butt yesterday
4. Becuase he gave his step- son a bear hug before he left this morning
5. Because he told me he'll help me with my college algebra (he's a math whiz)
6.Because he called me to tell me he misses me at lunch.
7. Because he says he can't wait to see me when I get home from work
8. Because I know no one would love me exactly like he does.
9. Because he truely accepts me and all my faults- even though I do not accept his.
10. because God made him my life partner

That was good!
ellima01