What is the infamous ROCK BOTTOM?

Old 02-10-2013, 06:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What is the infamous ROCK BOTTOM?

I'm not even the drinker and I feel like I'm approaching it fast.

I actually had a sigh of relief for a moment when I noticed the 2 bottles of Liquor were nearing their 3 week end.

And he comes back last night with Whiskey,Vodka, and now a Cognac. I go to bed at midnight after watching TV shows and he goes on to the bonus room where he proceeds to drink.
Ive noticed the pattern is picking up last week he didn't drink 2 nights,now hes been drinking since Tuesday.
I almost feel bad about thinking of leaving , but then I remember someones post about I cant cure it, nor have I caused it.

I have alot of respect for those that are at least trying recovery and admit to the problem.
Where is rock bottom is it different for everyone? The only one his drinking is affecting right now is me
Old 02-10-2013, 07:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome! What I believe rock bottom is is when the A finally realizes he/she needs help. I stopped enabling my exabf and kicked him out of my home this past December. We were engaged too. I really hoped he would get better like he promised, but it didn't happened. The best thing I could do for him and myself was to kick him out. I'm giving him the chance to hit rock bottom so he can get better. I love him so much I had to let him go. He's in God's hands now.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A work in progress

You can't force someone else to hit bottom. Some people never do, and they drink themselves to death.

This is your life, and the question is when do YOU hit bottom?