How do I break his dependence on me?

Old 02-07-2013, 06:34 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fourmaggie View Post
so get your big girl panties on and start saying it
Wow. Sometimes I feel that posting on this support forum for partners of alcoholics earns me almost as much belittlement as I get from my alcoholic.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:43 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

(((((Audrey)))))

That was NOT belittlement. Many of us from time to time share how we had to put on our 'big girl panties' and do something we really had been procrastinating on.

I had to put mine on Tuesday and do some errands for me that I had been procrastinating on (regarding tax filing) lol. So I suited up in my 'big girl panties' and made like a full blown responsible adult and did them. Of course I felt better once I was all done, and these 'errands' were no longer hanging over my head. Then when I got home, I took those damn panties off and relaxed.

So no, that was not belittlement, not at all.

Please try and remember that when we share things, and they sometimes may seem harsh, it is always things that we ourselves have done for ourselves as hard as the 'thing' may be. Learning how to say "NO" and not elaborate is one of those VERY HARD THINGS we have had to do.

So keep sharing, we are with you in spirit.

Love and hugs,

ps: Sometimes we have to put on our 'steel toed bunny slippers' and give our A's a big kick in their butt. Oh and Dolly Do has the Cody Bus in her garage, and when needed gets it out and we all suit up in our big girl panties and steel toed bunny slippers and go help a fellow cody in trouble. It is just a phrase that we have used around here for years to give us a 'little chuckle' when we have to do something serious.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:25 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

"ps: Sometimes we have to put on our 'steel toed bunny slippers' and give our A's a big kick in their butt. Oh and Dolly Do has the Cody Bus in her garage, and when needed gets it out and we all suit up in our big girl panties and steel toed bunny slippers and go help a fellow cody in trouble. It is just a phrase that we have used around here for years to give us a 'little chuckle' when we have to do something serious. "

Yepper,and the Hummer it's all gased up too! Tutu's are also acceptable attire, pink of coarse, to match our bunny slippers!
Old 02-16-2013, 06:10 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

so "no" must be hard for you to say then, and that is why you attacked me for belittling you...

i am so sorry you felt that way...but sometimes...we dont like what we hear on what we really need to do....

Peace
Old 02-18-2013, 01:16 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

WTF is "alleged dyslexia"?
Old 02-18-2013, 01:41 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Fourmaggie - I'm not sure how you managed to read my post as an attack on you. Very sorry you misunderstood.

Choublack - By "alleged dyslexia" I mean I don't think he has dyslexia. He has never been diagnosed with dyslexia, but uses it as an excuse anyway. It's kind of like his alleged inability to do the washing. He can do it... he just doesn't want to.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:54 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

That's what I thought.

I wonder how he would feel if someone "pretended" to be an alcoholic.

I'm not dyslexic, but I do know people who are. And I'm thinking, why would someone pretend to be dyslexic just so other people can do stuff for them?
Old 02-18-2013, 02:11 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I don't know either, Choublak. I don't know why he does any of the things he does. I guess it all boils down to excuses and lack of responsibility... which I believe are typical alcoholic traits.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:14 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Audrey1 View Post
I don't know either, Choublak. I don't know why he does any of the things he does. I guess it all boils down to excuses and lack of responsibility... which I believe are typical alcoholic traits.
I agree that this can often be a part of it.

I had to learn though that my nature was to try and "do" for those that were less responsible and that it did not help either of us in the long run. That was so hard for me.