Letting Go of Resentment

Old 02-06-2013, 08:11 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

LOL, I trained Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu during the worst years. Great stress relief.

OT...What you are describing is a take down or in wrestling terms "shooting". Remember to keep your head up and in the middle of your opponents body or you'll end up putting yourself in a choke. Good luck with your training.

The codie in me keeps showing up. I just had to give advice on that even though none was asked for. Oh-well, progress not perfection. Edit.. It's not often I get to give advice on grappling in a recovery forum.

Your friend,

Mike
Old 02-06-2013, 08:20 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I don't get it, women. If a man chooses a bottle over you, just leave. Once he makes that choice he is irredeemable, beyond redemption. Christ wouldn't expect you to be a martyr. He wants you to love yourself and be loved. The wheat exists side by side with the weeds, but you are not condemned to be in the weeds with a self-centered person. Choose your own life and make it wonderful. You owe it to yourself and your creator.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:40 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MeetJohnDoe View Post
I don't get it, women. If a man chooses a bottle over you, just leave. Once he makes that choice he is irredeemable, beyond redemption. Christ wouldn't expect you to be a martyr. He wants you to love yourself and be loved. The wheat exists side by side with the weeds, but you are not condemned to be in the weeds with a self-centered person. Choose your own life and make it wonderful. You owe it to yourself and your creator.
If only it was that easy. I spent 36 years married to my AW. The last 15 were hell. It took me a long time to get to a point where I was strong enough to leave. I kept hoping she would get better, care about us and our marriage. Care about our children and grandchildren. I couldn't believe that she didn't.

It's kind of like how I couldn't understand how hard it is for people to quit drinking. For me if I want to quit for a week or a month or even a couple of years it's no big deal, I just don't drink.

We all have our own angry demons and hungry ghosts to deal with.

Your friend,
Old 02-06-2013, 09:51 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MeetJohnDoe View Post
It's not that easy at all. Yes, my Wife drinks, yes she's an A. But, we have a 3-year old in the house who needs me around as much as possible. So, right now I'm just gathering as much documentation of her behaviours as possible, so that when we do split, I can (hopefully) get primary, and majority, custody. If it wasn't for him, I'd been long gone.

We can't always understand why people stick around, and for how long, but that doesn't mean we should chastise them for it. We can, however, be on this forum for support and a haven of sanity and safety. People are going through major upheavals in their lives, be kind, please.

C-OH Dad