moving on

Old 01-30-2013, 11:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

moving on

In spite of myself I went to look again at axbf's photos...

There is a picture of him drinking martinis with friends. All I was thinking is Thank God I don't have to deal with him anymore and I'm moving on to more positive things.

I think that is progress! :-P
Old 01-30-2013, 12:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes you can get past this Ziggy.
A brighter future lies ahead.
Hugs. :ghug3
Old 01-30-2013, 12:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

There is a picture of him drinking martinis with friends. All I was thinking is Thank God I don't have to deal with him anymore and I'm moving on to more positive things.

I think that is progress!
Heh. On rare occasions I run into someone's FB account that I dislike, look around, and think, "Oh yeah, I *still* don't like you!"
Old 01-30-2013, 12:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks guys...
Again I was at therapy today, still trying to get my confidence back but at least I don't want HIM back. I deserve something better...

I still feel like a mess about relationships, I don't want to get hurt again but at least I know not to get involved with any more people that have drinking problems! ;-)
Old 01-30-2013, 12:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

There's no rush for you to get into any relationships either,
take your time.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good for you ZiggyB! Now when are you going to stop checking that FB page

... probably when I stop calling during No Contact.....
Old 01-30-2013, 01:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Ziggy B. I am proud of you, good for you for realising that you deserve better because you do.....he is drinking martinis, drinking in general, to erase the pain that he lives with everyday....we will be okay Ziggy. I really believe it...today to feel better when I got home from work I've been listening to Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri and Goodbye my lover by James Blunt....I am feeling like I am really letting go emotionally now....the phone call that devestated me last week telling me he was with a new girl, made the iightbulb clcik on in my head that he has moved on, I am just another girl to him (and he has had many) and I need to move on too....I did nothing wrong in that relationship except give him too much of everything and he had nothing to give back, just like he has nothing to give back to the new girl. It doesn't matter if he is a sociopath, bi-polar, or just an alcoholic, he hurt me and he never deserved me, just like your ex didn't deserve you. We deserve a good man Ziggy....I am putting it out to the universe, it will happen. I hope you stay strong. Hugs
Old 01-30-2013, 01:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Brokenrose, I used Jar of Hearts in my recovery. I can listen to it now without tears in my eyes. I'm sure it was written for us. xx
Old 01-30-2013, 03:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Crazed View Post
Good for you ZiggyB! Now when are you going to stop checking that FB page

... probably when I stop calling during No Contact.....
I haven't been there in weeks but it is sooo difficult, I am curious!

That's ok, I have two guys that are interested in me so WHATEVER!
Old 01-30-2013, 03:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by brokenrose View Post
Hi Ziggy B. I am proud of you, good for you for realising that you deserve better because you do.....he is drinking martinis, drinking in general, to erase the pain that he lives with everyday....we will be okay Ziggy. I really believe it...today to feel better when I got home from work I've been listening to Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri and Goodbye my lover by James Blunt....I am feeling like I am really letting go emotionally now....the phone call that devestated me last week telling me he was with a new girl, made the iightbulb clcik on in my head that he has moved on, I am just another girl to him (and he has had many) and I need to move on too....I did nothing wrong in that relationship except give him too much of everything and he had nothing to give back, just like he has nothing to give back to the new girl. It doesn't matter if he is a sociopath, bi-polar, or just an alcoholic, he hurt me and he never deserved me, just like your ex didn't deserve you. We deserve a good man Ziggy....I am putting it out to the universe, it will happen. I hope you stay strong. Hugs
Yeah me too... the knowledge that he was seeing someone new has really just made me realize he has moved on and I need to also. He broke my heart but I was not going to live with a drunk for the rest of my life anyway.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:14 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

RosiePetal, Jar of Hearts is a great song, eventhough she says he wants her back and mine obviously does not....but that's okay bc I don't want him either, drunken fool that he is...and Ziggy B. that is why they broke our hearts, you just said it, bc we weren't going to put up with and live with a drunk for the rest of our lives, so they decided to run...but they can only go so far without crashing and burning, where as we can ride off into the sunset happy. Hugs!!!!
Old 01-30-2013, 05:09 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by brokenrose View Post
RosiePetal, Jar of Hearts is a great song, eventhough she says he wants her back and mine obviously does not....but that's okay bc I don't want him either, drunken fool that he is...and Ziggy B. that is why they broke our hearts, you just said it, bc we weren't going to put up with and live with a drunk for the rest of our lives, so they decided to run...but they can only go so far without crashing and burning, where as we can ride off into the sunset happy. Hugs!!!!
Exxxxactly!
I can't believe how I was sitting in therapy yet again trying to UN brainwash myself. He said blaming others is quite typical of alcoholic behavior. My heart was broken by lies, broken promises and character assassination. I'd rather be alone... )
Old 01-30-2013, 06:03 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Mass Hugs you two.
Kindred spirits.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:48 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Amen....Something like that makes you say... oh Hell NO! Sure makes it easier anyway.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:08 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Good decision at least you discovered the devil before he took you to the mountains for temptations. Move on
Old 01-31-2013, 08:31 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FlowersJasmine View Post
Good decision at least you discovered the devil before he took you to the mountains for temptations. Move on
Thanks, I am trying.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:13 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

LOL... Ziggy Put down the mouse and back slowly away from the computer :-)
Old 01-31-2013, 11:02 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PohsFriend View Post
LOL... Ziggy Put down the mouse and back slowly away from the computer :-)
I know!