SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   Setting small fires (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/282648-setting-small-fires.html)

PippiLngstockng 01-29-2013 12:53 PM

Setting small fires

This is why I am switching tactics finally! STBXAH causes so much worry and strife. Everytime I run to put out one little fire in the forest that is my life, he's possibly got a few others burning somewhere. I can never get any peace cause even when I think I can take a moment's pause, I never know what he's doing behind the next tree.

It's been not being able to pay rent, computer bugged, threats that I have no healthcare, angry emails, constant complaining and whining, threatening to return to the apartment with the police, telling the children I'm crazy - and so forth. In the meantime I am over here learning another culture, raising the children on my own at this point, no car, taking the bus all over with the cold and tired children.

Okay. So I tried being extremely patient and civilized but now I am also going to ask for an immediate legal separation and request that he legally has to stay no contact. I just can't move forward without this man making more drama and scaring me in every way he can possibly think of.

Why can't he just give me some peace, anyway?

Sorry for vent! I am actually quite excited to be reaching more clarity as events unfold. I am starting to be able to know what I want. :). I continue to learn so much here.

ShootingStar1 01-29-2013 01:07 PM

So very proud of you, Pippi! This is, and has been, a long and arduous path for you, and you persevered and prevailed so well despite the chaos and lunacy you are contending with.

Just imagine what you can accomplish without the burden of his behavior pulling you back.

I hope that in the legal separation, your attorney is able to get you and your children some proper financial support as well as the emotional/legal boundaries that will give you all some peace.

Keep us posted,

ShootingStar1

PippiLngstockng 01-29-2013 01:13 PM

P.S. Ask for a legal separation, meaning going with my new lawyer (exchanged the teddy bear lawyer for an unhesitating marksman) to ask the judge for protection.

PippiLngstockng 01-29-2013 01:18 PM

Thanks Shooting Star! You've been awesomely supportive :)
Yes, the lawyer will put in my request for a monthly pension. Hopefully, this will mean enough for a car and better living quarters as well!

choublak 01-29-2013 02:58 PM

Oh WOW I thought it was going to be about him literally setting fires...whew

PippiLngstockng 01-30-2013 07:27 AM

Just wait choublak, as I haven't taken him to court yet... ;)

outonalimb 01-30-2013 07:57 AM

(((((((pippi)))))))

He won't give you any peace. But you can make peace for yourself.
You're showing alot of strength and courage.
Keep moving forward! You're doing great!!:scoregood

Mary

choublak 01-30-2013 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by PippiLngstockng (Post 3797554)
Just wait choublak, as I haven't taken him to court yet... ;)

Court? LMAO. Active A's who drink until they black out and then somehow decide to cook a full course meal are prone to starting fires way before any court dates are involved.