I need some help

Old 01-30-2013, 12:08 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
One day at a time

All of you have helped me so much, I really appreciate it, the rest of the al-anon meetings this week I can not go to because I am working. But I am working on myself. I am going to take a defensive course, I cant afford to lose my drivers BECAUSE I am going to get my realistate license. I will be working and going to school so I will not have a lot of time to see him. So it gives him, him time and me my time. which we don't get to see much of each other anyway because he works mon-sat 8-5 and I work any day 4-12 with one 8-4 shift in a 6 week cycle. so we don't get to see a lot of each other.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:26 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Originally Posted by h00ped View Post
For no major changes in the first year in AA...not getting out of a relationship is a bit bothersome, what if the SO decides to take a step away from the A during that year, I hope that doesn't mean the SO should not "rock the boat" during the first year and play pretend as to avoid a major change.
No, the "no major changes" is advice for the ALCOHOLIC (who might make hasty or ill-considered decisions not ultimately in his best interest). The alcoholic has no more right to control what the partner does than the other way around.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:25 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
One day at a time

So I got talking to my boyfriend today and I brought up what if you relapse. He tells me he wont. I told him don't you dare promise me that. He replied with love you should know me by now I never make promises because you never know whats going to happen. I know have noticed since hes not drinking he is a little more emotional then he use to be. He goes more in depth about how much he loves me and how much he loves his kids. Which we are going to see this weekend. Im excited his kids are so sweet and I haven't seen them since September. He hasn't seen them since November. Im excited