HA! I said no!

Old 04-23-2004, 04:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
It's a Puggle!

HA! I said no!

I think I mentioned before that my husband was in an accident on a fishing trip this past week. They got home Tues. night. My H was smashed in-between two boats when they were being rescued, did they go to the hospital to get checked out? Of course not! My sister the nurse told me he needs to be checked out, he could have a lacerated liver or a ruptured spleen and not even know it. So I asked him to go, and I asked again and YET AGAIN. Every time same response, let's just see how I feel tomorrow. Well, tonight he is scheduled to go back to work and he is sitting on the couch and says "If you take me to the ER tonight I bet I can get out of work the whole weekend." I'M sorry WHAT did you say????? I said, "uh, no way am I taking you to the doc now after I BEGGED you all week to go and you were just fine!" And with those words I walked away and packed his bag for work. Wow did that feel good! Me an enabler?? I THINK NOT! (well at least not for ten whole seconds anyway!lol)
Have a great night everyone!
Old 04-24-2004, 07:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Re: HA! I said no!

So...I bet he was really miffed. You go girl, and remember how good it feels to empower yourself! How are you doing now?
HugZ
Sandra
Old 04-25-2004, 07:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
It's a Puggle!

Re: HA! I said no!

Well, my victory was short lived! When he asked me to take him that night and I said no, it was because I knew all he wanted was the weekend off so he could go sit in the bar. I took him to work that night and he called me about 9p.m. and said they are getting me coverage and if you can I need you to come and take me to the ER. After four hours in the waiting room they decide he may have a broken rib and put him on light duty restriction at work for a week. At least he didn't get the weekend off!