OT - Creativity hormones, lol.

Old 01-22-2013, 05:01 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Beautiful! Thanks so much for posting.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:09 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Is it okay if I add these the eagle and the hawk to my screen saver?
Old 01-22-2013, 05:16 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Wow, I never got these type of results when my hormones go wacky!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great new art genre... Photographic Magnificent Stills (PMS... practiced only 3-5 days prior to ones menstrual cycle!!!!

You are a fabulous photographer - thanks for sharing..the photos and your story...
Happily
Old 01-22-2013, 05:19 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

We have many Egrets in Minnesota, I believe the white ones here are called Snowy Egrets. We also have some grey and bluish in color...don't quote me on all of this I have no idea what I'm talking about, except for what I've heard growing up with around the many lakes and ponds, haven't done any research on it. You kind of take these things for granted when they are a part of your childhood.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:36 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

I hope you don't mind / I tweaked the coyote pic with some effects
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
coyotes.jpg (78.7 KB, 34 views)
Old 01-22-2013, 05:53 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Splendid photos LTD!!!

As a fellow birder/nature lover/hobby photographer I have such admiration for those wonderful shots. The fun yet challenging part of shooting nature is that they show up when they show up and when the "perfect lighting and shot" are there, we better be ready because they wait for nobody.

I just love your beautiful pictures and can feel the peace of being in such a lovely place.

Hugs
Old 01-22-2013, 05:53 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

The pics instantly brought a sense of calm to me, LTD. "All Is Well".... y'know? Thanks so much for sharing them. Just stunning.

My 'art studio' has been in total chaos for a few months due to a move. I finally got it functional again and spent the entire weekend creating stuff (and neglecting all other duties). It was interesting to observe how much and for how long my mood was lifted because of it. Creativity just takes you to a different place altogether and time becomes irrelevant. I might just be insane without it.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:20 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FeelingGreat View Post
Amazing photos! So you can have a frozen lake but no snow?
Thank you so much.

There was a little snow, maybe an inch. That's why the frozen lake was so sparkly. The temps have been in the teens and twenties though with lows around zero. That's why everything is frozen.

L
Old 01-22-2013, 07:21 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReflectingOnMe View Post
Is it okay if I add these the eagle and the hawk to my screen saver?
Okay with me, and thank you for asking.

L
Old 01-22-2013, 07:25 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HappilySoberNow View Post
We have many Egrets in Minnesota, I believe the white ones here are called Snowy Egrets. We also have some grey and bluish in color...don't quote me on all of this I have no idea what I'm talking about, except for what I've heard growing up with around the many lakes and ponds, haven't done any research on it. You kind of take these things for granted when they are a part of your childhood.
That was my first thought. Snowy Egret. But, I thought they migrated and wouldn't be around in the north in winter. When I checked the list from the refuge, the only egret listed was Great Egret. And when I looked it up online, that was it.

Your grey and bluish birds are probably Blue Herons. We have those here, too. Funny, I never did any research on bird species until I started photographing them. When you show a photo of a bird, people want to know what bird it is. Imagine that, lol!

L
Old 01-22-2013, 07:41 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
Splendid photos LTD!!!

As a fellow birder/nature lover/hobby photographer I have such admiration for those wonderful shots. The fun yet challenging part of shooting nature is that they show up when they show up and when the "perfect lighting and shot" are there, we better be ready because they wait for nobody.

I just love your beautiful pictures and can feel the peace of being in such a lovely place.

Hugs
Thank you so much. It has taken a solid three years of practice to get to this point. I remember posting on a photography forum the first time I set out to shoot wildlife. The responses I got were very discouraging. All about how nature photographers use lenses that cost $10K and they spend all day hunkered down in a blind, etc. But, I decided to give it a go anyway. Those first shots were not so great, but with practice and observation, I keep getting better. It's thrilling to shoot wildlife. The more I do it, the more "at one" I feel with the animals and nature in general. I feeds my soul.

L
Old 01-22-2013, 07:48 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tjp613 View Post
The pics instantly brought a sense of calm to me, LTD. "All Is Well".... y'know? Thanks so much for sharing them. Just stunning.

My 'art studio' has been in total chaos for a few months due to a move. I finally got it functional again and spent the entire weekend creating stuff (and neglecting all other duties). It was interesting to observe how much and for how long my mood was lifted because of it. Creativity just takes you to a different place altogether and time becomes irrelevant. I might just be insane without it.
That's exactly how I feel when I'm shooting them. "All is Well." And that's a big part of what drives me to do it.

Good for you for getting your studio back together. Yes, creativity takes you to a different place. I believe that place is the essence of life.

L
Old 01-22-2013, 03:55 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Thank you to everyone. I went out yesterday, a little closer to home, and saw many geese and tundra swans. I watched this one for a while as it struggled to get up on the ice. Finally made it!
Attached Images
tundraswan.jpg (69.5 KB, 23 views)
Old 01-22-2013, 03:58 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

OMG! ur so lucky to get to "see" all these gorgeous animals....ur time is well spent....

and THANK YOU so much for sharing them! i love looking at them
Old 01-22-2013, 06:52 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

There were hundreds of them. It was a wondrous sight.
Attached Images
swansducksgeese.jpg (70.7 KB, 24 views)
Old 01-22-2013, 09:47 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Gorgeous! You can almost HEAR them, what lovely photos.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:23 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

Originally Posted by LaTeeDa View Post
These coyotes were out on a frozen lake. And even though I was about a quarter mile away, they still knew I was watching them.
They were probably watching you. Sizing you up as a possible meal no doubt. You have any protection against predators when you're out doing this stuff?
Just a thought...
Old 01-23-2013, 05:28 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

i dont know about anyone else...but mother nature is so comforting .....
Old 01-23-2013, 07:17 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
They were probably watching you. Sizing you up as a possible meal no doubt. You have any protection against predators when you're out doing this stuff?
Just a thought...
I actually took those shots from my car. I pulled over on the side of the road and rolled down the window.

But yes, if I am out hiking alone, I carry bear spray.

L
Old 01-23-2013, 08:07 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

There are so many times that I wish I had a camera to capture what I see out in the wilds of my backyard. Fourmaggie's right - it is comforting.

Thanks for sharing, LTD!

P.S. Loving my calendar! ; )