Update

Old 01-19-2013, 08:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update

Hi SR friends.
Thought I'd fill you in in case you were wondering.
Still in touch with xabf. Have seen each other twice & have been in touch with email & text.
He is on day 20 now.
A couple of nights ago he really struggled with itchy skin, a few days prior he struggled with self esteem.
I continue to support him.
I also continue to live my life & I will not run to him.
I am very much using my one day at a time as I know realistically anything could happen.
I'm waiting to see if he will remain sober & I am leaving him to face it himself with encouragement from me. I've told him he must put his sobriety & health first.
This weekend he seemed to have been dying to see me but I wouldn't because none of my family, my girls included, know I'm in touch with him again & I'm not ready to tell them until I have more time & action.
I feel this time I have more power & I'm not willing to sacrifice my life for him.
I have my life & I will live it very much in the present one day at a time.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you.

Whether or not he keeps it up I am happy for him and I'm sure it's exciting for you. Too often I think we get to focusing on thoughts like "well he might relapse". He might... I might get hit by lightning, you might hit the lotto... But since none of those three things happened today, congratulations and I'm happy for you. Just because you are aware that you need time and consistency to trust the good start doesn't mean you can't smile and sleep well tonight focusing on the good things that happened today.

Ps... If you do hit the lotto remember your buddies lol
Old 01-19-2013, 10:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
box of chocolates

Yay. Good!
Glad hes doing it and your handling the whole thing correctly