Living with Mother and Father Again!

Old 01-19-2013, 03:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Living with Mother and Father Again!

Sounds tough, right?!
It is.
Mom likes to withhold heat from us and starts her day with extreme anxiety...loves her anxiety...runs all over the house...from the minute she awakes then crashes nodding out by 8pm...
Dad travels more than he's home and rages at me once in a while...I can see he has my face confused with other peoples'...
For me it's all about trying to get warm and comfortable...
Yet I love them and use this as a way to observe the root of my trauma...
I can go to a very rageful place myself but haven't...I have a program of recovery.
I see and experience with open eyes the things I grew up with...I'm out of denial now and I understand them...
I make excuses for not being as disciplined with my recovery work at home as I usually am but if a man is in prison he can still be free, can't he?
Oh yes he can.
So I use this extreme discomfort to find gratitude...gratitude for having a roof over my head and a couple of parents that are willing to take me in when I've needed it...gratitude for how good my life really wans when I had privacy (and heat - LOL!)
Also I try to grow in understanding and effectiveness and tolerance and patience...there are no excuses for us not doing that.
Whenever I am disturbed it is a truth that it's just my pride and ego...that's the truth...
But I am still happy to be possibly signing a lease today for an apartment!
God bless, enjoy the day.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mrschoices View Post
So I use this extreme discomfort to find gratitude...gratitude for having a roof over my head and a couple of parents that are willing to take me in when I've needed it...gratitude for how good my life really wans when I had privacy (and heat - LOL!)
Wow. I am heading into a layoff from a 14 year job and have been pretty pissed about the way it is being handled rather than the loss. Thank you for this - I need to find the gratitude in my situation rather than be angry over what I can't control.

I 'm glad to be moving on. I'm thankful I had this job during the beginning of the recession in '08 - '09 when losing it would have been financially devastating - I work best under pressure and I am finding myself being creative and excited again for the first time in a couple of years.

Great thread! Hope that lease gets signed today!