Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

Positive Forum or Sisterhood or Women's Forum Recommendations

Positive Forum or Sisterhood or Women's Forum Recommendations

Old 01-16-2013, 04:42 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I see a lot of pain here. I don't see negativity.

I also see a lot of healing, it's a slow and very hard process.

I don't see the 12 steps as religious path, but rather a spiritual path, just like Buddhism. I see lots of wisdom in the steps, I didn't used to.

There are many avenues to enlightenment. Thats the beauty of such a vast and diverse group of people.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:11 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Seek - I would love to hear about any type of healing that you find helpful especially those that are holistic in nature.

I haven't followed or seen many of your posts until recently. I am not sure if you have been posting about these therapies or what. Your posts that I have read are often cryptic as if you are discussing things with people who know the other half of the story already. Hard to respond to without filling in the blanks.

I am into aromatherapy - I make my own soap and skin care. I love making concoctions that are focused on feeling good rather it be relaxing or energizing.

I would like very much to hear about anything that you find works. I am surprised being out on the west coast that you can't find like souls as in my personal experience the West is more open to these types of therapies than the South where I live. We consider "smudging"to be applying camouflage paint to the face before hunting.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:06 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Katiekate View Post
I see a lot of pain here. I don't see negativity.

I also see a lot of healing, it's a slow and very hard process.

I don't see the 12 steps as religious path, but rather a spiritual path, just like Buddhism. I see lots of wisdom in the steps, I didn't used to.

There are many avenues to enlightenment. Thats the beauty of such a vast and diverse group of people.
Once again, I am attempting to find an environment that suits my needs and asked for suggestions. I am not trying to change this environment - I said I understand it fills a purpose.

What I mean by "positive" and "negative" is metaphysical in origin - I agree that it can be healing to have a place to process painful feelings - but when the emphasis is on the pain and not the healing, FOR ME, that is not healing - according to my understanding of metaphysics, that perpetuates the problem - it is not a judgment - just science (quantum physics).

I need a place where I can be myself and talk about what is going on AND reframe it so I don't get stuck in the pain and drama of it all.

As an example - I awoke with some issues this morning - some slight worries that I won't go into (because I don't want to strengthen them) - then I sat down at my computer and got some notices about bills I had paid - so I was off to a bad start and began crying and started to get really frustrated.

When I awoke this morning, I was reflecting on the fact that because of all of the hurt I have suffered, I closed my heart chakra to protect myself, but now my heart chakra is closed and I need to focus on opening it. I will do that through doing the EFT and releasing more trauma, by doing Reiki, prayer and I think I need to figure out some other methods because it is really stubbornly closed. I could write about my worries, but from my intellectual understanding of how things work, that would just perpetuate the problem and make it more present and I don't want to do that. So I am going to turn to healing modalities and process my strong feelings so I can release them.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:11 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by redatlanta View Post
Seek - I would love to hear about any type of healing that you find helpful especially those that are holistic in nature.

I haven't followed or seen many of your posts until recently. I am not sure if you have been posting about these therapies or what. Your posts that I have read are often cryptic as if you are discussing things with people who know the other half of the story already. Hard to respond to without filling in the blanks.

I am into aromatherapy - I make my own soap and skin care. I love making concoctions that are focused on feeling good rather it be relaxing or energizing.

I would like very much to hear about anything that you find works. I am surprised being out on the west coast that you can't find like souls as in my personal experience the West is more open to these types of therapies than the South where I live. We consider "smudging"to be applying camouflage paint to the face before hunting.
I do recall a recent cryptic post . . .can't recall details - but whenever I am cryptic, it is just to protect other people. I was mortified last night to see that people can Tweet other people's posts . . .this is a super anonymous forum (or it is supposed to be) for a reason. I find it upsetting that people can be exposed.

Once I find out who can be trusted, I can communicate via private message.

I have written about my holistic health interests - in the summer, I had a running thread where I posted daily about what I was doing. I got very few responses and felt like I was intruding on the atmosphere of the board, so then I stopped posting for awhile.

I am not blaming anyone but for some reason, I cannot find "my home."

I am very happy for others who have found a home here!
Old 01-16-2013, 10:14 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by redatlanta View Post

What brand of essential oils do you use? I also make lotions, bath potions, etc. and use aromatherapy for healing.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:17 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LifeRecovery View Post
Seek-

For me SR is a part of my recovery. I have many parts. I was not offended by the posts, I am just not always sure how to respond, and right now naming that is important to me.

The rest of the parts of my recovery have included
I do Hakomi therapy every week (body centered therapy), which has a mindfullness basis.

I am also in training for Hakomi certification (though I am not a therapist). I am considering going back to school for therapy work.

I do Rolfing monthly, a type of body work.

I do Al-Anon at least weekly.

I have a fear aggressive dog who I have had to do a lot of work with, she is my LifeRecovery dog which has included regular training and work on myself for her to be safe in the world.

I have tried Tension Releasing Exercises (group format) which I enjoyed, a meditation course, which I LOVED. I was fortunate to be able to participate in Equine therapy group which I also enjoyed. I have joined a knitting/crocheting group affliliating with a church which I don't participate in, but the people are lovely.

I live in a very conservative place, and don't always connect with people here. I am fortunate that just over the boarder has many of these pieces but there is traveling involved as a result. I have done better with it recently when I realize that I need the place I live for work, but have other needs I can't meet here.
I have an edge against using the term "recovery" for myself . . .I feel I have been wounded and see myself in the position of healing my wounds, not "recovering" because I don't feel there is anything I need to "recover" from - that is a difference in thought regarding my perspective and yours is the one that fits this board - mine does not - that's why I am asking for suggestions for other boards.

On the Hakomi - I am super interested in this and would love to hear anything about it.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:47 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by seek View Post
I have an edge against using the term "recovery" for myself . . .I feel I have been wounded and see myself in the position of healing my wounds, not "recovering" because I don't feel there is anything I need to "recover" from - that is a difference in thought regarding my perspective and yours is the one that fits this board - mine does not - that's why I am asking for suggestions for other boards.

On the Hakomi - I am super interested in this and would love to hear anything about it.
Recovery.... hmmmmm kinda implies regaining what one has lost, to me it's more like losing baggage I did not know I was carrying to find something altogether new and unexplored so it's kinda hard to explain what recovery would mean... Sounds like what you are getting at Seek. I guess "Recovery" sounds better than "Figurin **** out" but like most things in this world when the 'Common wisdom' doesn't work for me I figure out how to stretch artificial boundaries and figure out my own answers.

Your post on REIKI got me to thinking... so of all the various alternative medicine areas you mentioned the majority of 'educated' modern thinkers would poopoo on at least some of them as only being in your head.... I recall as a kid watching an interview with Tom Seaver - a hall of fame baseball pitcher for the Mets. They interviewed him in a spring game when the temperature was like 45 degrees... and the conversation was like:
"so Tom, it's going to be really chilly when you pitch tonight and we all know that fastball pitchers like it warm to loosen up the arm.... any concerns?"
Seaver: "None at all Ralph, I'm a big strong guy so the cold doesn't affect me like it does those little 150 pound guys, cold weather just gives me an advantage over those batters who are shivering"

Skip to August and another interview when the Mets were on the road at Atlanta I think...
"So Tom, it's supposed to hit 105 this afternoon, do you think you can go 9 innings in this blistering heat?"
Seaver: "No problem Ralph, I grew up in California and had some of my best games when I played minor league ball in Florida - I'm a fastball guy so this heat just loosens me up and adds 5 MPH to my fastball, batters have no chance against me when it's hot like this".

I was all of ...7? at the time but I looked at my dad and reminded him of the cold Spring game and remarked that obviously Seaver was off - he figured any weather gave him the edge and I commented that it was all in his head.

My Dad was a pretty brilliant guy and had a gift (that I lack) for getting right to the point.
"Son, if it's all in his head that's the best place for it to be - there are a lot of guys out there who can throw 100MPH making 20 grand per year teaching gym while this guy makes a million a year because he believes he can put the ball wherever he wants at any speed he wants".

Forgive the typical male response of taking a new agey topic and resorting to a sports analogy but I think it is applicable - there are few drugs as powerful as the placebo effect so if you try 20 things and they all work great, if 1-20 of them are utterly useless in 'real' terms but your perception is that they are working and you feel better than 'real' results still happen and that's what we all want, right? Try everything... the smartest doctors in the world IMHO are the ones who understand how LITTLE they understand about human beings, not the cocky ones who think they have it nailed.

If you find that other forum I hope you will share things you experiment with here so I have the opportunity to take what I like and leave the rest.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:49 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I think of recovery as "healing my wounds from living life." I am not just in recovery from living with an alcoholic, but from life in general, and I have lived with my own disorder since I was a small child.

As I have been thinking about this I realized that sometimes I think when you post there are limits on what you want (like nothing Al-Anon for instance has come up).

I can't always seperate out what I have learned in Al-Anon for healing and what I learned in Hakomi for example. As a result I WON'T post because I am afraid if impacting your sensibilities. It is all healing for me, so it is all valuable.

The more I write on this thread the more I realize that for me that is what this is about. I don't want to step on your toes because of the source of my healing....and that is the part that I struggle with in terms of feeling closed off from being of service/help.

Naming it, and writing it has made it easier for me (obviously).

Here is a link about Hakomi. It has helped to change my life.
The Hakomi Institute
Old 01-16-2013, 11:21 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

When I awoke this morning, I was reflecting on the fact that because of all of the hurt I have suffered, I closed my heart chakra to protect myself, but now my heart chakra is closed and I need to focus on opening it. I will do that through doing the EFT and releasing more trauma, by doing Reiki, prayer and I think I need to figure out some other methods because it is really stubbornly closed. I could write about my worries, but from my intellectual understanding of how things work, that would just perpetuate the problem and make it more present and I don't want to do that. So I am going to turn to healing modalities and process my strong feelings so I can release them.
Hi Seek, I kind of 'get' what you're trying to say in this thread. I often don't have the time to respond to as many posts as I would like & I find that those relating to these deeper, more personal topics take a bit more time to respond to. (for me that is, because they generally trigger additional thought before response)

Many of your posts have intrigued me & I walk a similar path in my personal life. Smudging, holistic healing, EFT, chakra work, etc. One of my goals for this year is to make more time for all of it since I often let it become de-prioritized in dealing with DD8 & RAH's issues. But, I'm work in progress, lol.

I quoted the above because I'm dealing with heart-chakra issues recently & even my acupuncturist commented on how my physical symptoms seem to be driven by my heart-energy being in a state of flux. (And goes so far as to actually be affecting my thymus function & the vertebra in my back which sit right behind that chakra point) In dealing with RAH's quest for sobriety I was triggered back to my Inner Child/ACoA issues & it all seems to be culminating over the last few months. My forgiving/centered side of my Self is actually grateful to be have the chance to heal these wounds, even while my less-grounded side is not as happy working through the fallout of dealing with all the niggling daily details. I would love nothing more right now than to pull an "Eat, Pray, Love" & just bow out of life for 3-6 months while I work on healing. Some of my awarenesses or realizations over the last few weeks especially, seem to have led to my heart chakra re-energizing & opening more, which is awesome but a difficult transition for me since it means opening up & exposing my vulnerable inner child wounds. I was just reading last night about the idea of creating an Inner Parent to help cope with the IC needs now that we're adults & not exactly able to change our actual parent dynamic.... apparantly this technique can help redefine the definitions & boundaries that the IC identifies with, which helps create positive healing/change. The book I am reading is Using Your Chakras by Ruth White.

I don't know of any other support forums or groups for this kind of thing. It's been a struggle but I've managed to put together a few great people in my life that help with this - my acupuncturist is amazing & has become a dear friend, another tarot reader has introduced me to many healers, other talented people & classes that have enriched my life.

I may even attend a Reiki session tonight or this weekend if I can swing it, it'll be my first experience with it but I got a great referral!
Old 01-16-2013, 11:22 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

The Hakomi Institute
I have heard of this, thank you for the link!
Old 01-16-2013, 11:35 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PohsFriend View Post
Recovery.... hmmmmm kinda implies regaining what one has lost, to me it's more like losing baggage I did not know I was carrying to find something altogether new and unexplored so it's kinda hard to explain what recovery would mean... Sounds like what you are getting at Seek. I guess "Recovery" sounds better than "Figurin **** out" but like most things in this world when the 'Common wisdom' doesn't work for me I figure out how to stretch artificial boundaries and figure out my own answers.

Your post on REIKI got me to thinking... so of all the various alternative medicine areas you mentioned the majority of 'educated' modern thinkers would poopoo on at least some of them as only being in your head.... I recall as a kid watching an interview with Tom Seaver - a hall of fame baseball pitcher for the Mets. They interviewed him in a spring game when the temperature was like 45 degrees... and the conversation was like:
"so Tom, it's going to be really chilly when you pitch tonight and we all know that fastball pitchers like it warm to loosen up the arm.... any concerns?"
Seaver: "None at all Ralph, I'm a big strong guy so the cold doesn't affect me like it does those little 150 pound guys, cold weather just gives me an advantage over those batters who are shivering"

Skip to August and another interview when the Mets were on the road at Atlanta I think...
"So Tom, it's supposed to hit 105 this afternoon, do you think you can go 9 innings in this blistering heat?"
Seaver: "No problem Ralph, I grew up in California and had some of my best games when I played minor league ball in Florida - I'm a fastball guy so this heat just loosens me up and adds 5 MPH to my fastball, batters have no chance against me when it's hot like this".

I was all of ...7? at the time but I looked at my dad and reminded him of the cold Spring game and remarked that obviously Seaver was off - he figured any weather gave him the edge and I commented that it was all in his head.

My Dad was a pretty brilliant guy and had a gift (that I lack) for getting right to the point.
"Son, if it's all in his head that's the best place for it to be - there are a lot of guys out there who can throw 100MPH making 20 grand per year teaching gym while this guy makes a million a year because he believes he can put the ball wherever he wants at any speed he wants".

Forgive the typical male response of taking a new agey topic and resorting to a sports analogy but I think it is applicable - there are few drugs as powerful as the placebo effect so if you try 20 things and they all work great, if 1-20 of them are utterly useless in 'real' terms but your perception is that they are working and you feel better than 'real' results still happen and that's what we all want, right? Try everything... the smartest doctors in the world IMHO are the ones who understand how LITTLE they understand about human beings, not the cocky ones who think they have it nailed.

If you find that other forum I hope you will share things you experiment with here so I have the opportunity to take what I like and leave the rest.
I LOVE the synchronicity of this. I will explain in a minute. And you have brilliant recall!

I am not sure what the point is - and I suspect that is my obtuseness - not your failing . . . I often can be dense like that.

But getting back to the synchronicity - I was JUST researching basketball/hydration/basket research (I had read an article a couple of year's ago when my grandson was playing and I was trying to find it and couldn't - I am doing research for a paper on holistic health, which has many components . . .) I had just got done reading a few articles on hydration (but not the one I was looking for that did the study of basket ratios and hydration) and I see your sports analogy.

First of all, I did not even know you were a guy.

One of the reasons it is difficult for me to connect here is that I have no sense of who people are -and again, that is probably my failing.

And as I was reading your analogy, I was astounded at the detail (all of this time I thought you were female so I was really impressed) . . . then the punchline - you are a guy - so now I am thinking of the guys I know who spout sports stats - and it's all foreign to me - it sounds so sexist, and maybe it's cultural, but I don't know any females who could give a good sports analogy like that (which I missed the point of cuz of my denseness).

I will go back and read it now and see what you are trying to tell me (and I do agree that player was psyching himself out in a good way and probably trying to psych others out in the process . . . )
Old 01-16-2013, 11:42 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FireSprite View Post
Hi Seek, I kind of 'get' what you're trying to say in this thread. I often don't have the time to respond to as many posts as I would like & I find that those relating to these deeper, more personal topics take a bit more time to respond to. (for me that is, because they generally trigger additional thought before response)

Many of your posts have intrigued me & I walk a similar path in my personal life. Smudging, holistic healing, EFT, chakra work, etc. One of my goals for this year is to make more time for all of it since I often let it become de-prioritized in dealing with DD8 & RAH's issues. But, I'm work in progress, lol.

I quoted the above because I'm dealing with heart-chakra issues recently & even my acupuncturist commented on how my physical symptoms seem to be driven by my heart-energy being in a state of flux. (And goes so far as to actually be affecting my thymus function & the vertebra in my back which sit right behind that chakra point) In dealing with RAH's quest for sobriety I was triggered back to my Inner Child/ACoA issues & it all seems to be culminating over the last few months. My forgiving/centered side of my Self is actually grateful to be have the chance to heal these wounds, even while my less-grounded side is not as happy working through the fallout of dealing with all the niggling daily details. I would love nothing more right now than to pull an "Eat, Pray, Love" & just bow out of life for 3-6 months while I work on healing. Some of my awarenesses or realizations over the last few weeks especially, seem to have led to my heart chakra re-energizing & opening more, which is awesome but a difficult transition for me since it means opening up & exposing my vulnerable inner child wounds. I was just reading last night about the idea of creating an Inner Parent to help cope with the IC needs now that we're adults & not exactly able to change our actual parent dynamic.... apparantly this technique can help redefine the definitions & boundaries that the IC identifies with, which helps create positive healing/change. The book I am reading is Using Your Chakras by Ruth White.

I don't know of any other support forums or groups for this kind of thing. It's been a struggle but I've managed to put together a few great people in my life that help with this - my acupuncturist is amazing & has become a dear friend, another tarot reader has introduced me to many healers, other talented people & classes that have enriched my life.

I may even attend a Reiki session tonight or this weekend if I can swing it, it'll be my first experience with it but I got a great referral!
The book sounds interesting. I will check it out.

Something you said that captured my interest was that these traumas that we are experiencing are opportunities to heal our core wounds (I am paraphrasing and putting my spin on it). I was asking a daughter recently if she thought my grandson had any idea what he had put the family through and she said that he thought it was a spiritual awakening for all of us. On one level, this pissed me off because of the fact that I don't think he sees or acknowledges the hurt he caused (and this is my ego) but on another level, I believe he is 100% correct. So should we thank him? Is he doing us a service?

Good luck with the Reiki . . .I think it is wonderful.

I am going to get a massage tonight. I have constant tension in my mid-back, right where my heart chakra is! No coincidence there.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:47 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I think of recovery as "healing my wounds from living life." I am not just in recovery from living with an alcoholic, but from life in general, and I have lived with my own disorder since I was a small child.

As I have been thinking about this I realized that sometimes I think when you post there are limits on what you want (like nothing Al-Anon for instance has come up).

I can't always seperate out what I have learned in Al-Anon for healing and what I learned in Hakomi for example. As a result I WON'T post because I am afraid if impacting your sensibilities. It is all healing for me, so it is all valuable.

The more I write on this thread the more I realize that for me that is what this is about. I don't want to step on your toes because of the source of my healing....and that is the part that I struggle with in terms of feeling closed off from being of service/help.

Naming it, and writing it has made it easier for me (obviously).

The Hakomi Institute
As far as Alanon is concerned, I think it is great for those who resonate with it. The only thing I don't like is when people suggest I "go to a meeting, immediately," after I have said I went to Alanon for six years and am "over it." I think it's great if it works for you and you find support there. For me, I just don't like the little box of it . . . and I don't want to focus my life on THE ALCOHOLIC . . . for me, that is counter-productive. When I go to Alanon, it is all about my relationship to THE ALCOHOLIC . . .it's all about trying to cope with THE ALCOHOLIC . . . I don't want my life focus to be about THE ALCOHOLIC . . .

That's just me - I want to have my own life. I have to find a way to do that.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:58 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

On one level, this pissed me off because of the fact that I don't think he sees or acknowledges the hurt he caused (and this is my ego) but on another level, I believe he is 100% correct. So should we thank him? Is he doing us a service?

I am going to get a massage tonight. I have constant tension in my mid-back, right where my heart chakra is! No coincidence there.
I know - there's this thing that comes with Awareness which is that sometimes it enlightens us in a way that allows us to see others' pain/reasoning/issues in a way that allows us to feel compassion for their path; but then are we sacrificing our own feelings/wounds/needs if we accept these 'excuses'? I see the multitude of repressed issues RAH is dealing with trying to get sober & they can outweigh mine a lot of the time because he has (accepts) fewer tools to deal with them & they have been repressed for so long. I feel compassion for how long/arduous his path is, but that doesn't negate my own. My best friend & I were just talking about this today.

Do you do any yoga? There are a lot of poses which can help with energizing that chakra point. Last night I fell asleep for 10 mins in Supported Corpse Pose & it really helped!
Old 01-16-2013, 12:07 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Once again, I am attempting to find an environment that suits my needs and asked for suggestions. I am not trying to change this environment - I said I understand it fills a purpose.

What I mean by "positive" and "negative" is metaphysical in origin - I agree that it can be healing to have a place to process painful feelings - but when the emphasis is on the pain and not the healing, FOR ME, that is not healing - according to my understanding of metaphysics, that perpetuates the problem - it is not a judgment - just science (quantum physics).

I need a place where I can be myself and talk about what is going on AND reframe it so I don't get stuck in the pain and drama of it all.

As an example - I awoke with some issues this morning - some slight worries that I won't go into (because I don't want to strengthen them) - then I sat down at my computer and got some notices about bills I had paid - so I was off to a bad start and began crying and started to get really frustrated.

I'm sorry if it appeared if what I posted was met as a challenge, it truly wasn't. I do have to say though, I do see a lot of healing around here, I think that comes with spending the time and watching the progress. Each post of pain has the potential to foster healing.

I too do a ton of meditating, massage, yoga, etc.... in training to be a reiki practitioner. This forum is only one small part of healing, it's not the be all and end all by any means.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:11 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

I know - there's this thing that comes with Awareness which is that sometimes it enlightens us in a way that allows us to see others' pain/reasoning/issues in a way that allows us to feel compassion for their path; but then are we sacrificing our own feelings/wounds/needs if we accept these 'excuses'? I see the multitude of repressed issues RAH is dealing with trying to get sober & they can outweigh mine a lot of the time because he has (accepts) fewer tools to deal with them & they have been repressed for so long. I feel compassion for how long/arduous his path is, but that doesn't negate my own. My best friend & I were just talking about this today.

Do you do any yoga? There are a lot of poses which can help with energizing that chakra point. Last night I fell asleep for 10 mins in Supported Corpse Pose & it really helped!
I haven't done Yoga in awhile, but I can start up again. Which poses do you recommend for opening the heart chakra?
Old 01-16-2013, 12:13 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I'm sorry if it appeared if what I posted was met as a challenge, it truly wasn't. I do have to say though, I do see a lot of healing around here, I think that comes with spending the time and watching the progress. Each post of pain has the potential to foster healing.

I too do a ton of meditating, massage, yoga, etc.... in training to be a reiki practitioner. This forum is only one small part of healing, it's not the be all and end all by any means.
Just a curiosity about your comment that you are "in training" to be Reiki practitioner. What do you mean? Do you mean you have been attuned to Reiki and just want to round out your experience before you become a practitioner? Or are you in some other program?

Just curious.

I "have" Reiki at the Master level and could be a "practitioner" as could anyone who has it at that level.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:15 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I don't know if I saw it as a "challenge" as much as a general misunderstanding of what I was saying. I was not criticizing, just asking for what I personally need - it seems to rub some people the wrong way that I would have the audacity to say what I need (I say that not about you but someone else who sent me a nasty private message).
Old 01-16-2013, 12:18 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I honestly don't know what his experience is or what is going on in his head. I just know that I understood that his analysis, while perhaps misguided in some sense, is still correct . . . I just recognized the truth of it - this has opened me up to all of my demons - all of my pain and sorrow - all of my worst fears - all of the resentment - and while it is exposed, it is now my job to heal it.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:22 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

LOL - no... I'm definitely male despite having mastered 90% of motherhood tasks raising my daughter. I proved this to myself with the birth of our little boy, attempts at breastfeeding just irritated me and frustrated the hell out of him.

So the point of the story was that the individual was 100% certain that the conditions most favorable to him were whatever conditions existed at that point in time and he believed it. That belief translated into confidence and great success even though it is impossible that 40 degrees and 105 degrees could both be the perfect temperature for him to perform best. If some alternative healing method is having an effect that is 'all in your head' rather than 'demonstrably real from a scientific point of view' then so the hell what... in your head is the best place for a 'cure' to be effective.

...I have freaky recall for some things and no idea where I left my car keys at any given moment, go figure. I'm not allowed to play blackjack in casinos any longer because I can tell you exactly what's left after you deal 2.5/3 decks and play 12 hands of online poker at once but where the hell is my wallet? lol what a mess.

..ADD as hell to boot.