Every Sunday?

Old 01-13-2013, 05:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Every Sunday?

AH on the couch moaning, belching, talking to himself, oh and sometimes sporadically vomiting but not tonight, basically sounding like a lunatic with a stomach flu. I sure would like it if we had a few more levels in my house so maybe I could get a decent night of sleep before a Monday someday. He purposefully stops taking Naltrexone on the weekends because it 'keeps him from getting a buzz'. Ahem...I'm sorry, is that not the flipping point??? Sigh. I'm in this for the long haul but this Dr Jekyl (on the meds) and Mr Hyde (on the booze) is really getting old. All that moaning and complaining and crying down there is just to make me feel sorry for him, but my pity machine is broken And I find myself being downright nasty to him instead whenever he feels bad. I don't like that side of me!
Old 01-13-2013, 06:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry you're going through this...it's his problem not yours. Remember you didn't cause it, and you can't cure it. He's manipulating the program. He's on that medicine to help him not drink, but plays his game and drinks on weekends. He don't want to get better at all. Mine exabf did the same thing but with suboxone, plus he drank every day . He would skip a day on suboxone and do his coke. Thank God I finally got the courage to leave him after 2.5 years of my life. Remember it's your life. I love and care for my exabf, so much I had to let him go. I had to for the slight chance he could get better and for me to heal and be happy once again.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Meetings address these issues....

That situation sucks, I had daily insanity to deal with too, it was so bad I broke down and started attending Alanon meetings. I'm a man and crying at meetings felt so embarrassing. BUT, I got help, things changed radically for the better. I am sure if shared what you're dealing with in 2-3 meetings you'd get some good suggestions for taking care of YOU. WE have to recover too! OUR recovery consists of change. Thanks for sharing with us.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I remember Sunday nights. My AH always felt he had to get the last bit out of the weekend. Then MOnday morning was always so stressful. Should I wake him? Should I let him sleep knowing he will be miserable when he wakes up?
I don't live with that anymore. I miss many things about him but then I remember some of the things that made me bitter, resentful, anxious and not a person I liked. Going to Al Anon helped me realize that the person I was with him was not the person I wanted to be. Detach from him any way you can. Focus on yourself.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Mine always took a vacay day/sick day on mondays. He has worked at the same place for 25 yrs. Always suprised he didnt get fired..but everyone always had the "ole poor B@!! Drunk..such a nice guy" .blah blah blah. Ugh.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sunday was a bad day when RABF was drinking (now 6 months sober). He would visit his parents (his dad is an active A, his mom is an enabler) where there was always an ample, free supply of booze and get hammered. Many times he broke plans, wouldn't call back or picked a fight some could just drink -- this after we'd begin the day at church together!. Mondays would always begin with an apology or him pretending nothin happened. Was always such a dreadful way to begin the work week.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
box of chocolates

Yup ive heard my ah talk to himself. Woah me. Poor me.
Staying up groaning. Belching. Making weird noises like a foot stepped on a cats tail
And then the cat climbed a cactus lol. Seriously possesion type stuff !
Drove me bonkers! Still does!
This sadly continues until sober (or for some never)
As for you not getting sleep (been there too) still have my tid bits but hey its hard.
However to drown out his noise abd sooth your mind...
Here is what works for me
I bought a large fan and have it on while I sleeo.. Drowns out lots of
Background noise and is relaxing
Also you could play soothing music ir sounds of nature.
Just a few helpful tools.
Hope something works for you
Old 01-14-2013, 08:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you all :-) Ambient noise is a great idea! I've been thinking of getting a new alarm clock anyway...I hear they do that too now. I am so tired of the 'if you can't beat 'em join 'em' approach. Maybe I will give alanon a try. I need to find who i was before i became the enabling and subsequent addict I've become.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

A fan is a great idea, or an air machine - they clean the air and make just enough "white" noise to cover up other annoying sounds. I personally downloaded "rain" on my kindle and listen to it every night at bedtime. It's great - just the rain, sometimes downpours, sometimes softly falling...totally lulls me to sleep