curiosity question about bizarre reaction

Old 01-12-2013, 12:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

curiosity question about bizarre reaction

Wow, haven't been here in so long! I posted a few times several years ago and figured maybe it was time to come back and at least read a ton for support since I just finally made my AH leave after straddling the fence for months (and putting up with all the chaos for seven or so years).

Anyway, the question...this has been bugging me for a couple years, ever since my husband took up smoking again during his first trip to rehab. Have any of you ever seen an alcoholic, or any drinker for that matter, react to mixing cigarettes and alcohol? Reaction being, all alcohol symptoms worsen. He will go from a little slurry to unable to form a sentence, a little unsteady to unable to walk straight or actually falling down. This will last for a few minutes. I have done searches and can't find a thing about it. Weird thing is, when we were younger and used to drink and smoke, it never happened.

Anyone ever see anything like that before? Thanks.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I know a guy who claims his extra drunkenness is due to the cigarettes, but as a smoker (who is trying to quit! Yay!), I'm confident it's the alcohol.