Update!! So far so good!!

Old 01-10-2013, 06:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Update!! So far so good!!

Hi
Hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Year!
Just wanted to give an update on how everything has been going since my AH stopped drinking!
Its been over 3 months now and he is still doing really well even though we have been to places where others have been drinking and of course over the holiday time when drink seems to be flowing freely!
Our relationship has grown stronger and there is an openness to it which was lacking before when he was secretly drinking or lying about what he was doing or where he was.
He is still attending all his appointments and doing everything he has to do to keep on the right track. Its still early days I know but I do think that now he has the right people helping him and he has a better chance of sticking to it!
He is keeping a diary of his feelings and the positives about each day that happen that would not be able to happen if he was drinking which seems to be making him more grateful for what he has.
Take care
x
Old 01-10-2013, 06:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's awesome news! I am happy for you!
Old 01-10-2013, 06:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great news!!!
Old 01-10-2013, 07:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

very cool.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations!!!

It's great to read examples of when someone you love finds recovery!

((((Hugs))))

Your friend,
Old 01-10-2013, 09:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I hope I'm you in 3 months! My ABF has been sober for 48 days. He came home from a treatment facility 1 week ago. I am a little anxious about the future, but trying to just stay focused on one day at a time. I'm glad things are good for you 3 months out.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

That's awesome!

How have you been doing? I'm asking because I've noticed a lot of healthy changes in BOTH of us as my beloved bride enters year two....
Old 01-10-2013, 10:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing.

So happy for both of you !!!

My husband has 10 months free from opiates.

Recovery does happen !!
Old 01-12-2013, 07:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

@ Pohsfriend
I'm doing really well, at first it was hard as I was not able to fully trust him and would try to smell his breath all the time and follow him round the house or tiptoe up to the workshop to see if I was going to catch him out but no...he was not doing anything. I think when he showed me his diary entries that was when I thought I need to stop and trust that he can do it and if things were going to work out everything had to be normal. Our house is so much calmer now, our little boy who turned 5 the beginning of December has stopped wetting the bed which he was doing nearly every night before his Daddy stopped drinking which is such a wonderful feeling knowing that we are now providing a nice clam environment for our 2 children. My husband has been riding his bike to work everyday so is very fit now and enjoying not waking up feeling hazy or dehydrated. I have enrolled in a spanish class to do something for me and now I'm not constantly feeling terrible and upset about a situation I had no control over feel like I'm actually breathing and don't need to eat 1 family size block of chocolate just to get through the morning! I think just totally letting go and telling him it was up to him to decide what kind of life he wanted to have and what I kind of life I was wanting and would not settle for anything less helped as then its all down to them.
I really do wish you all well and could not thank you all enough for being there when I needed to vent and let off steam about things!

Take care
xx
Old 01-12-2013, 08:02 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congratulations! I love celebrating the positives! 👏👏👏