SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   It really is amazing the lengths an A will go to some times (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/280489-really-amazing-lengths-will-go-some-times.html)

Sharkbait 01-10-2013 03:13 PM

It really is amazing the lengths an A will go to some times

Hi again.
Just wanted to share this funny little example of how far they can go to try to weasel a way back in.

My XAW of almost 2 month, who i have not contacted nor responded to her text messages for the past month has now decided that I am a missing person that may have done something to hurt myself.

This has included trying to start a facebook campaign saying I am a missing person and going to the police to file a missing persons report and contacting my friends asking if i am ok.

at first I was tempted to reply back to her when she told me this just to say "I'm OK".

but then I stopped and thought about it all logically. She goes to file missing person report with the police. gives them my number and calls. I ignore get voice mail call back and say to the cops yeah I'm ok. --worst case.

best case realise the cops have intelligence and will hear her story and tell her that in all likelyhood he is fine and just doesnt want you.

Either way i have nothing to worry about. I did find it funny just how far they will go in trying to manipulate the situation and play the victim.

Recovering2 01-10-2013 03:30 PM

You're not missing at all. Sounds like you have "found" yourself! Congratulations!

Seren 01-10-2013 04:02 PM

:c029:

That is some impressive manipulation, I'll give her that. It should be an interesting conversation with the police when they call, if they call.

ZiggyB 01-10-2013 05:18 PM

Wow, that is kind of nutty!

LoveMeNow 01-10-2013 05:24 PM

Now, that is funny. Good for you for not getting sucked back into her "craziness" !!

fourmaggie 01-11-2013 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by hydrogirl (Post 3764636)
:c029:

That is some impressive manipulation, I'll give her that. It should be an interesting conversation with the police when they call, if they call.

i so agree!!...

choublak 01-11-2013 12:24 PM

A "facebook campaign"? LOL okay. I wonder what she would have done, before Facebook existed.

ReflectingOnMe 01-11-2013 12:31 PM

flyers on telephone poles!
:rotfxko:rotfxko:rotfxko

vegibean 01-11-2013 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by ReflectingOnMe (Post 3766101)
flyers on telephone poles!
:rotfxko:rotfxko:rotfxko

Right?? Your screen name is perfect. ;)

m1k3 01-11-2013 12:42 PM

Milk Cartoons?

LoveMeNow 01-11-2013 01:57 PM

America's Most Wanted!! :scared:

lol

Sharkbait 01-11-2013 07:51 PM

to be honest i was expecting to go into work and just see my face plastered to a bunch of poles. wouldnt surprise me at all.

if the fact it wouldn't surprise me isnt a warning that i should never even consider going back then i dont know what is lol