Reiki for healing

Old 01-09-2013, 01:36 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

I found that my local Unity church offers a 'community Reiki circle' for free. I'm going to check it out for sure! Here's what I found they offer:
Each person will receive a Reiki treatment of about 10 minutes from several people at once, which increases the potency of the treatment. You may come and go at any time during the circle. Our purpose is to heal ourselves and others, network with other Reiki people, spread Reiki, and have fun! Children are welcome

They also offer several different meditation and self-forgiveness classes. How cool is that?

Also, like Joe said, in my area a Reiki session is about the same rate as a massage. Ranging from $50-75 per hour. I'm going with the free stuff first!
Old 01-09-2013, 01:59 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hey, PaperDolls, I go to Unity too!
Old 01-09-2013, 02:10 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I read the daily word every day.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:11 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I made an appointment!
Old 01-09-2013, 04:41 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I am attuned to Reiki at the "Master" level.

I have had great success with it with animals and one or two open-minded people.

I do recommend it for whatever ails you.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:48 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Well, I am certainly willing to try just about anything. Thank you! I am glad it is helping you. I plan to read a little more on it as I have never heard anything about it. I certainly believe there are people very capable out there it just maybe finding the right person! Likely very limited in my area! Thank you for the tip and glad you have found some relief in your pain.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:21 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I'm skeptical by nature but the older I get the more open minded I've become about many things modern medicine snickers at.

Thing is, if the positive results are in your head? That's the best place for them! I never argue with success. I just say thanks, I shut up and I'm appreciative lol.

The mind is a powerful tool... Stress manifests in real illnesses all the time so it follows that a peaceful mind is good for the rest...
Old 03-28-2013, 11:23 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Just thought I'd update this thread.... I went in for my first reiki treatment last night & it was WONDERFUL!

It was a weekly group "session" but everyone was individually treated one at a time & at $10 it was SUPER affordable. I'm not shy (go figure ) so it didn't bother me having other people in the room observing. 5 people showed up for treatment & you basically volunteer to be worked on or you could just observe if you wanted. I was the only first-timer there & I was the 2nd one up on the table for treatment.

The things they picked up on were pretty incredible & honestly, I could feel the energy shift as soon as the first volunteer was up on the table. After treatment, we could spend some time resting in their meditation room which had a crystal pyramid set up that you could lie down inside of & soak up the energy there too.

I went through a series of emotions & actually I broke down in tears almost immediately when we started. 2 practitioners worked on me at the same time & they were just deadly accurate with the things they were able to pick up. Afterward I was very tired, but feeling more balanced than I have in a long time & I slept like a rock! This was something I did FOR ME, not as a way of dealing with RAH or any specific problems WE are having. This was purely internal & selfish healing therapy.

I'm looking forward to attending a few more sessions. My mom was also interested after I filled her in on my experience. She said she could see a physical change in me from a few days ago too - eyes brighter, less negativity hanging on me/weighing me down.

For all of you who are interested & haven't tried it yet, I say go for it if you get the opportunity!
Old 03-28-2013, 04:48 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Thanks! That sounds amazing. I think I might give it a try. How did you find the healer?