Shorter and shorter

Old 01-03-2013, 05:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Taking back what is mine!

Shorter and shorter

Well that "im quitting" trip lasted one whole day, not even that really. His cycle is speeding up and becoming shorter. He showed his butt monday night, woke up apologizing and giving me excuses, and said he was quitting. I knew it was bull crap, that night he only had 2 beers which i guess he thought would earn him some brownie points but when it didnt he came home with a 6 pack which was all my fault cause i didnt support or give him enough credit for the night before.....

Its seriously like dealing with a rebelous teenager and i hope he realizes how ridiculous all of his quacking sounds. All i can do is shake my head at this point. Im beyond annoyed, angry, upset, and anything else. I am numb, nothing he does or says shocks me. I have no expectations of him and quite honestly id rather be alone forever and ever.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I would rather be lonely than miserable any day of the week.

So happy your expectations were set to zero - its nice to skip disappointment.

(((hugs)) Hope today is a better day.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

This is a progressive disease, left unteated, it will get worse.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I totally relate to the rebelious teenager part. My AB seems to enjoy acting like he is 17 all over again. Pretty sad for a 48 year old man to behave that way. We will talk about boundaries. He will agree (quack, quack, quack) and he continues with the adolescent behavior. If I call him on it he seems contrite and says I know I was just rebelling or he was just being an ass****. He seems aware of this if he is called out on it. I think it has to do with the stunted emotional growth that affects so many A's. Until he geats help he will be a man with the mentality of a teen. It's all he knows.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes that scenario is quite familiar to me also.

I got the rebellious teen attitude quite a lot: "I will do whatever I want and you will have nothing to say about it."

I guess this is why we are no longer together. I wanted to be with someone who doesn't have the attitude of a 17 year old in a 40 year old body. ;-)
Old 01-03-2013, 10:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I have a similar situation going on in my house. If I don't give AH any credit for "good behavior" he takes that as an excuse to drink. I've told him that I'm not going to be his cheerleader and praise him for things he should be doing anyway (like being considerate of me and the kids and not leaving empties and spit cups all over the house). It's frustrating, isn't it? I've heard 4 times since Christmas Eve that he is quitting but I've yet to see him stop for even one night. It's like he thinks that if he says it out loud that should be good enough for me. In some ways I'm grateful to be off the roller coaster of believing him and then being disappointed over and over again. But on the other hand it is just sad that I don't trust anything that comes out of his mouth anymore.