Update-6 months away from xABF

Old 01-01-2013, 04:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update-6 months away from xABF

I've been away from the boards for quite some time now, so there may not even be many of the same members that remember my story. If you do, you'll know that I kicked xABF out of the house after he wrecked my car through a house, and that giving him up meant giving up my relationship with his 6 yo daughter who lived with us most of the time. In an interesting turn of events, I actually had a lead on a job two states away. When it first came up, I politely declined, knowing that I would just be running away from my breakup. But when another position came open two months later, and I had had time with friends, family, and God to help me heal, I decided to accept the job. They helped me sell my house and move cross country.

I won't say it hasn't been without its challenges. The one outlet I knew I had to socialize was Sunday football, but between that and happy hours, and brunches, I find myself drinking way too often. The drinking helps mask my social anxiety and loneliness, and of course now that I'm perceived as a party girl, I only meet others who like to party. I do feel like I've recognized this behavior in myself a lot sooner than I have in the past, and I'll be on the Newbie board a lot more often than here. But I just wanted anyone who wondered what happened to bluebonnet1 to know that I'm okay, that I'm definitely out of what was a bad situation, but still have a lot of my own recovery to do.

Old 01-01-2013, 05:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome back!
Old 01-01-2013, 05:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I remember you from my lurking days. Thank you for the update and welcome back. (:
Old 01-01-2013, 05:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for the update! It sounds like you are finding your path. Welcome back!

And, take good care of yourself,
Fathom