Danger Codie behind The Wheel

Old 12-31-2012, 11:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Danger Codie behind The Wheel

On saturday a client of mine unexpectedly gave me tickets to the flacons game sitting in the Owner's suite. This is RAH dream come true he is a huge football fan - but we had planned to go out of town on Sunday for a night to see my family. This would mean he would stay and I would go. Didn't mind him not going we just saw them a week ago - but nearly had a panic attack at the thought of leaving him here. It would be the first since his summer/fall relapse.

2 hours of thinking about it I gave him the tickets Saturday then spent much of the evening regretting it and thinking about cancelling my trip Sunday. Sunday comes....I force myself to be cool.. RAH took his mom to the game. I make myself pack and leave and head off to Birmingham, AL.

Once in the car I imagine every possible scenario. He drinks and parties and gets a DUI or wreck. He loses one of the cats, he burns the house down. I get a text from him that has a misspelling and my stomach sinks. I start thinking of friends to call that can keep him busy. I think about asking him to come to Alabama but that could be a disaster. On and on and on I think ..........

Then I see this: WELCOME TO FLORIDA the sunshine state.

Yes in my preoccupation of everything that could go wrong I headed off to our beach house instead on my sister's house in Alabama. Didn't notice that I had been driving 2 extra hours even.

I gotta good laugh folks - and I am home now and nothing happened. The world didn't end and animals and RAH are just fine.

Happy New Year everyone be safe and thanks for your continued support!~
Old 12-31-2012, 11:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

good story.

I had to lol Florida the sunshine state!
Old 12-31-2012, 12:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Lol! That's a good one!
Old 12-31-2012, 03:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I do the same thing.My mind is my worst enemy.Only problem is we don't get to have a life of our own.I watch my AW like a child but when alcohol calls her she finds away no matter what I do.After all these years you would think I would know that but even when I do go and do something I really don't even know how to enjoy myself anymore.Sad life worried to death about another adult.