NYE message of hope.

Old 12-31-2012, 07:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

NYE message of hope.

Here's to wishing everyone a heathier and more satisfying New Year.

It was three years ago that I just gone no contact with my now XAH. I had initiated the no contact the week before after one more rage attack on me for who remembers what ( in lieu of threatening to leave). As expected, he tried to call daily and I did not pick up. NYE he began emailing me in the morning until about 9pm that night - starting out nice and gradually getting angrier with each one (trying to use the family card to get a response from me).

I made sure I was on this site all day /nite. That nite, someone here decided to sit on line with me until midnite to help me get through it. She said she needed it too. I was so grateful to have a partner for the night to help me avoid returning to the "rut" I had been living called a life.

I always use NYE to review the year and set a direction but often did not see progress because I returned to the same old patterns. That year, I not only set a new direction, I "did" something different and it kept growing.

This year I have been able to return to previous goals with a renewed feeling that I have completed the negative part of my life and started a new tract.
I have had several "full circle " experiences to help me realize my potential. And yesterday I was offered a greater leadership position (with a volunteer org) to help me set my direction this year.

Encouraging, hopeful and supportive thread- to share your plan for a different outcome this year in your life.