Could use a pat on the back...

Old 12-26-2012, 12:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Could use a pat on the back...

Desperate, I know, but I'm working real hard to get my focus back and to stop doing my normal turtle-shell deal of hiding and avoiding **** I have to do...

SO... I have successfully avoided watching any Law&Order today (my FAVE!) AND Internet surfing which is pretty lame but can turn into kinda an obsession for me.

Soon, I'm going to write an essay and at least LOOK at my university applications, submission portfolio and outstanding projects for work. Also to do I have got to at least LOOK at my resume and THINK about what I can do to improve it.

Also on the up and up... I actually called my STBXAH... and I DIDN'T turn into a quaking mess. We even laughed on the phone, which was a little hard because we are SO alike in humor, sensibilities and intellect. It's completely UNFAIR he's such a freak when it comes to everyday life. I mean, I was (and in some ways still am) so in love with him... but then I have to remember how he called me drunk only three weeks ago and lied about something really important to me, or how I used to have to call the cops on him, or how strangers used to stop me on the street asking me if I needed help because he was beside me, screaming at me...

Now, I've got a new man, one who really seems to love me and is GOOD.
I guess things really are turning around for the better!
Old 12-26-2012, 12:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Your friend,
Old 12-26-2012, 01:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Gracias Senor! AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!
Old 12-26-2012, 03:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It helps to remember the "bad" stuff when you feel vulnerable.....I don't hurt anymore over the divorce- it took 5 years- but it TOOK.