SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   What is YOUR Christmas Gift to YOU? Indulge... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/277851-what-your-christmas-gift-you-indulge.html)

Hopeworks 12-17-2012 03:55 PM

What is YOUR Christmas Gift to YOU? Indulge...

I am not going to be disappointed on Christmas Day because I already bought myself my Christmas present!

We are having a very, very WARM winter start down here in Florida and our poor retailers are slashing winter clothes prices like crazy. I came across a gorgeous leather coat that was 2/3 off and so I splurged on me. Hopefully it will get cold eventually so I can wear it! ;)

So... fellow frazzled ones... what are giving yourselves for Christmas?

Massage?

Pedicure?

Spa Day?

A vacation?

Male Stripper? (just kidding)

Ideas for how to be your own best Santa?

suki44883 12-17-2012 04:02 PM

I bought myself a camera. The only one I had was on my phone and that sucked, so I bought a new point and shoot camera bundle. :c031:

Redheadsusie 12-17-2012 04:06 PM

I have kind of over indulged myself.....I bought some lovely earrings, A white Pea Coat, a nautical painting I love, A Virginia Tech sweatshirt and bi weekly massages! I am worth it by Gosh!

stairs 12-17-2012 04:08 PM

Ooh a painting, now there is a great idea!! I haven't bought myself anything like that in ages! I am looking tomorrow. Thanks RHsusie!

lillamy 12-17-2012 04:14 PM

I'm contemplating getting myself three days off work, to give me six days in a row off.
I'm pretty much HALT all the time so it's the best thing I can give me, given that I already have my people home for Christmas.

wellnowwhat 12-17-2012 04:23 PM

A trip to MY hometown to see MY relatives!

akalacha 12-17-2012 04:29 PM

I'm on a really tight budget now that I'm on my own. But I did manage to save enough over the last several weeks to buy myself a handmade bag. I'm going to wrap it up and open it on Christmas Day as my present from ME to ME.

dollydo 12-17-2012 05:29 PM

Bought myself a mailbox, shaped like a Manatee! Love it!

snowrose 12-17-2012 05:33 PM

I bought an online photography course for my daughter (who lives some distance away) and myself to take together and a new camera lens!
I am not finished shopping yet....

choublak 12-17-2012 06:07 PM

I don't know, maybe I'll knit myself something.

Fandy 12-17-2012 06:32 PM

I bought myself a new Nook HD+ tablet, love it.
I had a coupon.

BoxinRotz 12-17-2012 06:41 PM

I'm waiting for my birthday to even think about what I really want. I have several things on my wish list at Cabela's atm. :D

Tuffgirl 12-17-2012 06:55 PM

I spent most of my Christmas budget on my girls, but I did set aside a little for a new XC ski jacket for myself. I am going to wrap it and put it under the tree. ; )

Pelican 12-17-2012 08:06 PM

I treated myself to a new smart phone. One that is big enough to see the apps without my bi-focals!

Rosiepetal 12-17-2012 08:43 PM

I got a bonus from work so used some for girls presents but made sure I treated myself to some top quality perfume. mmmmmmm..........:c031:

Confetti 12-17-2012 08:56 PM

I have been indulging myself in quite a few things lately. I am not used to having much for extra spending money. I was used to paying off STBXAH's bills, bar tabs for him and his girlfriend, and other ridiculous expenses that he of course NEEDED (who the heck needs new tires 3 times a year!!!).

I have spoiled my children! I have even spoiled myself a bit! And for the first time in probably 5 years (not kidding) I went to a salon and got my hair done! A cut and a color (I even got some trendy colored streaks!!!) I know it probably sounds a bit silly, but I always thought it was just to much to spend and would have my sister cut my hair for me or my MIL.

Although I LOVE the male stripper idea...I don't think I can fit one in my stocking. lol

Frejya 12-17-2012 09:50 PM

I guess spa would be best for myself this Christmas, but I am little more greedy I want more materialistic gifts this Christmas including dress, shoes, accessories and the endless list.

Rosiepetal 12-17-2012 09:54 PM

Oh Confetti you just reminded me I have an inflatable husband in my closet lol.
My mother bought it for me for Christmas many years ago, what a laugh, he's been on a girls holiday twice now.
:c031::day6

Startingover444 12-17-2012 11:31 PM

I bought myself a light box for my depression.

StarCat 12-18-2012 05:09 AM

I have taken up baking cookies for people, as I'm on a budget at the moment, and it's a great gift for anyone (including me!) - and reasonably priced.

I will confess I'm having a hard time not "stealing" a pair of earrings I got for my sister, but I know she's getting me at least one pair for Christmas so I think I will manage not to take hers. But only time will tell! They're not safe until they're wrapped!