Good Things That Happened Today

Old 12-13-2012, 12:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Good Things That Happened Today

Can we get a *Good Things That Happened Today* thread going?

I'm sure we can find reasons to post bad things that happen in our lives because we live with alcoholism everyday but I like to hear the good things and by all means, why should we keep them to one thing?! I have a couple good things to post today and I'd like to hear what's happened good in your lives today too.

So today, My AH came home sober when any other day, he could have bought a bottle and he didn't. He came home SOBER with nothing to hide or lie about! It's a good day on the road to recovery and it makes me happy!

My next *Good Thing* is he refinanced the Harley down to 1% instead of 18% through Harley Davidson when he bought the bike. He tried to do it last year and he didn't have the credit to do it. He paid off his credit cards and hearing that they did give it to him this time is a good moment for us as a family. This alone is saving us over $3k and smaller payments.

I am happy and wanted to share and maybe start something that we can all share in.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I made another sale, a good sized-one. My Christmas sales are doing well, it makes me proud of myself.
I helped a few friends and strangers with their negative thinking, both on here and another forum and on the phone, it all feels good.
I woke up alive once again, and that's a good thing.
Life goes on and I'm going with it, no longer stuck in a rut.
I have many things to be grateful for.

Congrats on unloading that excessive interest on that harley!
Old 12-13-2012, 01:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you MadeofGlass!

I cleaned my kitchen today when I didn't feel like it! lol
Old 12-13-2012, 01:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Now I DO FEEL GUILTY. lol
Good for you...my kitchen, weeeell..ahem.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

A pic to go along with the 1%...

I love this bike when all is well! It's like a vacation in itself.

Old 12-13-2012, 01:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Today is a New Day

I have decided that I like baking Christmas cookies.
I have also decided that I am going to bake more Christmas cookies, and give them away as Christmas presents to most of the people who remain on my list. I wasn't sure what to get for them, and I know they'll love cookies, especially the assortment I've been making lately. (Some of them are REALLY good, and I just found the recipes online).

As a result, once I do some baking (and get a few more $3 cookie tins), I will be done my Christmas shopping except for my two youngest brothers. In addition, I've started doing my baking at my boyfriend's house - he has a nice kitchen, and has confessed to me that watching me bake Christmas cookies in his kitchen not only reminds him of happy memories of childhood, but is something he also finds as rather a turn-on.

Plus the cookies are delicious.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
chocolate_mint.jpg (90.7 KB, 95 views)
Old 12-13-2012, 01:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

My daughter was named head girl at her school the other night so I got a photo enlarged of her & head boy whom attended kindy together & this morning I dropped it off at the kindy displayed on cardboard with their names, achievement & a comment it all started at the kindy.
They were thrilled & said they would display it on the wall & copy it for other areas of the kindy.
It was a feel good for all.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

StarCat... I wish I had a scratch n sniff screen! Those look yummy!

Rosiepetal, You must be so proud of your daughter! Congrats to her!
Old 12-13-2012, 01:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I got my Christmas shopping done!
I've been smiling all day!!
Old 12-13-2012, 01:55 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Lovely F&F peeps helped me snap out of a major anxiety episode!
Old 12-13-2012, 02:10 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I saw my chiropractor and got a super adjustment - love him! I gave a gift of a flock of chickens to a hungry family in need through Heifer.org - It made me super happy to help a family start a new life and help them get out of poverty and show how grateful I am to my business partner whom I honored with the gift! SO glad you have some things to be happy for today too. We all do!
Old 12-13-2012, 02:15 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

ABF didn't have one sip last night - for the first time in a long time. It was so nice.

Work was smooth sailing today.

Making fish tacos for dinner - yay.

Got all of the materials / ingredients for the homemade Xmas presents / goodies I'm doing.

BoxinRotz - we ride also. He's on a Suzuki M109r and I'm on a 72 Honda cb 350 lol. I'd like to make a cafe race of her one day. Yeah, I mainly ride on his with him - there is no peace quite like the bike. Awww - now I have thoughts of riding and we have 6" of snow..oh well makes for good hunting, and ice fishing SOON
Old 12-13-2012, 02:20 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Nice to have happy threads!

I scored on a pair of shoes my DD15 has wanted for months that I refused to buy. They were almost $100 and not the kind of shoes she'd wear everyday so I always said no. This morning, I found them on a website for 45% off. Hooray!

That completes my Christmas shopping. And I never had to set foot in a mall! I love the internet...
Old 12-13-2012, 02:41 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I had a business trip and nothing went wrong
Wife and I are able to discuss recovery without strife
Wife hits 90 days of sobriety this weekend
Wife is almost at one year since she went to her first AA meeting

I'm learning to accept and move on from things in the past
I'm starting to feel good again

Since we dropped the rope a week ago on our tug of war there have been no arguments.

My son smiled for the first time since he was born. Seeing him makes me smile, holding him brings me peace, I'm enjoying him instead of fearing for him.

I love my wife and progress is fine, my need for solutions is less and my appreciation for small wins is increasing.

I am remembering ME - someone who has an optimistic view of the world.

I love my wife. Wife loves me back.

Our disagreements ain't the only thing defined by a great deal of passion.

Today was a good day, most are lately.

I woke up today
Old 12-13-2012, 03:07 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Those cookies look yummy, I love choc & mint!

I rec'd a box for Christmas today, olive oil from Queens Creek. To me, it is one of the best olive oils produced in the US, I am happy...I was getting low!
Old 12-13-2012, 03:37 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PohsFriend View Post
I love my wife. Wife loves me back. Our disagreements ain't the only thing defined by a great deal of passion.
Haha, love it! So glad you are reconnecting, on all levels.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:46 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
box of chocolates

Your right boxinrotz.the day before yesterday ah drank and then stopped in the afternoon didnt drink the rest of the day or yesterday.it was a good two days. Today we shall see if it continues as hes been at work but today I cleaned royally while listening to Christmas music and put up decorations.
Had a very good 3 days. Glad your day was great too.
And looking forward to christmas .
To be continued. ...lol
Old 12-13-2012, 04:17 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Celebrating good things...I like it. All of the posts sound great...those cookies look delicious. Home made gifts are a great idea, and appreciated because they come from the heart.

My AF got his 30 day sobriety chip on 12/4. He has been back to work for over a week, and seems to be navigating the bus/subway to work well. He's gone to an AA meeting every day. He is meeting with an attorney next week to discuss his finances. He is taking his medications as they were prescribed by his doctor! He has been living in the sober house since mid November. We've successfully cleared almost all of his apartment he will be giving up at the end of the month and he's done most of the work.

It is early in his recovery and I am so proud of him. I still want to wave a wand and make it all go away for him, but I know I can't. He needs to work his program himself and he's doing it.

I am personally thankful for this forum, and for all of the help you guys have given me, whether you know it or not.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:15 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

This has been a great day for us.

Last night my AS was having cravings and instead of giving in he called and asked if he could come here and spend the night with us. He felt he needed a safe place and I have always told him he has a safe place to land here as long as he is sober.

Younger son was accepted into his #1 choice college as an early decision candidate. Acceptance rate is about 20% so this was a great honor.

I made another step in my new business and things are going well.

Thanks to you OP for this thread. Sometimes we forget the good when we are dealing with so much that is bad.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:18 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I am a makeup artist and got a major motion film deal today. Woohoo!!! Haven't worked in film in a long time and decided to go back for it again.

I got a really cool gift from a client its a pewter hot plate - I love to cook, its really beautiful - from Mexico.

When I got home hubby is in good mood and wrapped all gifts feeling proud and I love to see him happy and feeling good.

This is kinda a wierd one but.....I have a client that is a cross dresser and I adore him/her and his/her wife but they are very high maintenance. They had asked me to go to dinner tonight and I just wasn't feeling it. They cancelled.